New to growing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to growing!

Hello everyone! i just joined here and i am looking for some help with these two beautiful plants i was given. First off idk if their male or female what type of seed or how old they are. i bought a ten dollar grow light because it fits my budget at the time and also its the plants are in my closet...now being that i have never grown i would like some advice on how to raise two healthy plants so i may take the fruits =] any help would be much appreciated! here is a picture
    Attached Files

HI Fresh Start. Welcome to the forum.
    Have you got any more information on your ten buck grow light? The trouble with cheaper lighting can sometimes be that it will veg the plants OK but not have enough power to flower them. What sort of light is it?
    Also, what are you feeding them?

Comment

new to growing

Originally posted by Roofie View Post
      HI Fresh Start. Welcome to the forum.
      Have you got any more information on your ten buck grow light? The trouble with cheaper lighting can sometimes be that it will veg the plants OK but not have enough power to flower them. What sort of light is it?
      Also, what are you feeding them?
      the grow light that i have is from Lights of America its a 24 inch fluorescent light its not a grow light on the box but was a dollar cheaper and had everything the grow light had..

For food I left the soil and everything how it was when given to me i haven't given the plants anything but water when necessary. I want to know where to start to keep them alive! so far they are still growing from the light, I turn it off a 2 am until seven every day I heard your supposed to do that.

thank you for the advice never thought gardening could be so fun and smell so good =]

Comment

Get Help with a book

Take off now and head for the nearest book store. The most comprehensive Book easy to read for indoor or outdoor growing, you need to purchase this book; MARAIJUANA Horticulture The indoor/outdoor MEDICAL Grower's Bible. Written by Jorge Cervantes. Every thing you need easy to follow. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_start View Post
          Hello everyone! i just joined here and i am looking for some help with these two beautiful plants i was given. First off idk if their male or female what type of seed or how old they are. i bought a ten dollar grow light because it fits my budget at the time and also its the plants are in my closet...now being that i have never grown i would like some advice on how to raise two healthy plants so i may take the fruits =] any help would be much appreciated! here is a picture

get them into bigger pots

Comment

Tips

From what I have learned there are 5 things beside the lights, make sure you have enough wattage, 1000w will burn trichomes but you have to have enough to push through flowering, I set mine on 600w seems to be just right. Sorry I got lost in a tangent, so the 5 things besides light; water, airflow, temperature, humidity, and nutrients. Basically your going to mimic the changing of seasons from spring to fall in the most ideal conditions possible. Humidity should be less than 50% for budding, vegging is less particular, dont get crazy or anything, think of a beautiful summer day. Plants need nutrients you must fuel the machine, nitrogen is the common issue with plants showing strain, if the edges of the fan leaves are turning yellow, not enough nutrients, if they are really dark, like unnaturally dark you have an abundance, other nutrients do play roles in different parts of the plants growth, check out some nutrients organic is always nice, bat guano and goat droppings and coffee grounds are great sources of nitrogen! In order for the plants to grow and get the CO2 they need to photosythesise you must have fresh circulating air, get a couple fans and put them on the plants, this will also help strengthen the stalk and branches of the plant supplying enough gusto to hold some hearty buds. N temperature is also very important for the girls, lights on should be around 75F lights out mid to low 60F if you get over 80F you can start to break down essentiol thc building blocks. Lastly water, anything that lives needs water, you can usually tell when a plant needs water, probably once a day let the top soil dry before watering again, overwatering can suffocate the plants and that is just as bad as not enough water. All of these components have worked for me to avoid mold, fungus, and have produced some pretty dope trees. Hope this helps, you can't educate yourself enough! - "Bless the Flowers, Bless the Weeds" - Combat Corduroy

Comment

help is on the way dear "mrs doubt fire" XD

Welcome to growing my friend. Its a wonderful thing to see such a beautiful plant grow and blossom right in front of your eyes, BUTTT in order for it to be the best it can be, you will need to nourish and keep a close eye on them every day.

So something really important that we need to know. What is your budget?
              You have to keep in mind that right now they are in a very early stage of growth. later on they will start to bud and the smell well become greater. Depending on the strain, some might smell good, some might not. a good carbon-filter with air-extraction fan can eliminate a good deal of odor.

the grow light that i have is from Lights of America its a 24 inch fluorescent light its not a grow light on the box but was a dollar cheaper and had everything the grow light had..

For food I left the soil and everything how it was when given to me i haven't given the plants anything but water when necessary. I want to know where to start to keep them alive! so far they are still growing from the light, I turn it off a 2 am until seven every day I heard your supposed to do that.

thank you for the advice never thought gardening could be so fun and smell so good =]
              The rules for growing is 'the more light, the better". of course you need to keep in mind that you still have to pay the electric bill at the end of the month, so the best bulb out there for growing is the 600W High Pressure Sodium. Some might argue that leds are better. this might be right but i don't use leds so i cant speak out of experience. I will take a look into that thou.

we can go in much details but lets try to keep it simple for now.

Originally posted by Smokesalot View Post
              Take off now and head for the nearest book store. The most comprehensive Book easy to read for indoor or outdoor growing, you need to purchase this book; MARAIJUANA Horticulture The indoor/outdoor MEDICAL Grower's Bible. Written by Jorge Cervantes. Every thing you need easy to follow. Good luck
              There are also multiple videos on youtube that are very handy. Take a look see and you might learn something new

Originally posted by DirtyDishes2 View Post
              From what I have learned there are 5 things beside the lights, make sure you have enough wattage, 1000w will burn trichomes but you have to have enough to push through flowering, I set mine on 600w seems to be just right. Sorry I got lost in a tangent, so the 5 things besides light; water, airflow, temperature, humidity, and nutrients. Basically your going to mimic the changing of seasons from spring to fall in the most ideal conditions possible. Humidity should be less than 50% for budding, vegging is less particular, dont get crazy or anything, think of a beautiful summer day. Plants need nutrients you must fuel the machine, nitrogen is the common issue with plants showing strain, if the edges of the fan leaves are turning yellow, not enough nutrients, if they are really dark, like unnaturally dark you have an abundance, other nutrients do play roles in different parts of the plants growth, check out some nutrients organic is always nice, bat guano and goat droppings and coffee grounds are great sources of nitrogen! In order for the plants to grow and get the CO2 they need to photosythesise you must have fresh circulating air, get a couple fans and put them on the plants, this will also help strengthen the stalk and branches of the plant supplying enough gusto to hold some hearty buds. N temperature is also very important for the girls, lights on should be around 75F lights out mid to low 60F if you get over 80F you can start to break down essentiol thc building blocks. Lastly water, anything that lives needs water, you can usually tell when a plant needs water, probably once a day let the top soil dry before watering again, overwatering can suffocate the plants and that is just as bad as not enough water. All of these components have worked for me to avoid mold, fungus, and have produced some pretty dope trees. Hope this helps, you can't educate yourself enough! - "Bless the Flowers, Bless the Weeds" - Combat Corduroy
              I think that you ment 50% for vegging.
              Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X