cloning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cloning

well now, seems I still have issues w/cloning. Had four going and seem to be down to two. I kept them in a box with clear wrap over it and a corner open. After two weeks I took the plastic off and just sprayed four times a day - now at this point I'm not real sure what to do so I put them out in the light (cfl w/led). So now I have two down and two up(maybe). Any one want to shed some light on this? - -thanks slo-

I am sorry too hear you are not doing too good on the clone front, sometimes we try too hard Slo so praps take a long look at what you are doing and go back too basics, some of my best clones were taken in a hurry and no care what so ever taken in taking them lol if that makes sense. Dont give up it will all come together for you im sure. Take care be lucky Lollipop

Comment

I've found that the easiest way to clone is the aeroponic way. You just take the cutting, put it in the unit and leave it. Approx. 10. Days later you have nice healthy white roots. Doing it this way I have a 99% strike rate. And these units can be made very cheaply rather than buying one, which can be a little pricey. But like lollipop says, sometimes we try a little too hard with our clones and we fuck them up. Keeping it simple is the way to go.

Comment

Thanks for the come backs guy's. I'm starting to think that in my eagerness to get er done I was cutting to early. I'll slow down a bit and see what up - slo-

Comment

Well, I took 3 more clones today - 1 blu dream - 1 girl scout cookie and one mystery clone from the bay area. These were more mature plants so I'm hoping for a winner here. I made the mistake of putting the clones I had going under the led lamps and they did not like that. Might have burned them as they look a bit run over. This will be attempt three but I am not afraid as I have been whipped by bigger things so.............................slo-han

Comment

I'm sure you'll do well with these 3 cuttings. Being in a very humid environment is of the utmost importance, much more so than light is at this point. When I do my cuttings, I don't put them under any direct light at all for the first few days,just leave them to do their thing and that seems to work for me.

Comment

thanks green, I had them under a desk lamp which isn't much for sure so will pull it back a bit for a few days. I took these from more mature plants thinking that might have been my problem before - I can surely push the limit. Also germed up a strawberry blue and it popped a root in two days. Will put it in cloner for a few days also - slo-han

Comment

I wouldn't think taking the cutting from an older mother would be the cause of the problems that you have been having, just a bit of bad luck that's all. The main point being that the light is not that important for the first few days after talking the cutting, being in a moist environment is what you ideally want. Good luck with the strawberry blue my friend.

Comment

Hey green - I'm looking for any reason for failure here and was taking clones from cloned plants that were maybe a foot tall. This time they are from two foot plants. I've been using a homemade cloning compartment(plastic box from wal-mart) saran wrap for the top with a corner open for air. I think I'm pushing the limits here and trying to hurry them into trees lol. Of course the emergency trip I had to take didn't help. A cloning box sitting between the seats of a truck traveling from Washington to Idaho(enemy territory) spraying along the way and then back again might not have helped so will try again and hope for no more trips like that - it was a trip for sure - slo

Comment

Hey gang, I will put my two cents in on this as well. My cloning machine is a 8x10 fish tank with a plant heating matt underneath the tank. Inside the tank I placed a piece of 1x1 wire folded so clones are not directly on floor. This wire is one inch off the bottom of tank. I then cover the bottom of the tank with water, about a 1/4inch deep. Place clones in dirt cups and place on wire. Now take plastic wrap and cover the top of the fish tank leaving a small corner open for air exchange. I usually put a weak 2 ft Florissant , (spelling), Bulb straddled across tank. I usually put one of those thermometers with the wire extension for inside and outside temps. That way you can see if temps are held in the 70's or if it gets to hot pull plastic Bach a little. Should have in a heated area for this to work right as the whole thing works off room temp being 68 to 70. This project cost me 3.00 dollars at a flea market for the fish tank. Good luck, mega nute

Comment

Working...
                    X