second try

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second try

Well, I'm going to try this at home - I know scary eh! My first try I went all modern and used rock wool cubes and cloning gel.They hung around for awhile an then went tits up. I had a lid over them and they may have suffocated. I am going back to peat cubes and rootone. I'm using the same set up as before but trying saran wrap with a corner open and we will see. got my trusty mister handy and probably should have used the diary section for this but here I am - more at eleven- slo-han

Hey guys, do I leave the lights on 24/7 or should they have a rest period - thanks slo

Comment

• Emilya
      Emilya commented
      Editing a comment
      I have always noted the very most rapid growth during the night time hours.
      I am of firm belief that the plants benefit from having a dark period, although I am not sure that I would call it rest exactly. I like to think of the daylight hours as peak production and energy gathering time, and storage of the sugars and nutrients needed for growth. This is also when the energy is present to utilize the great pump that draws water and nutrients up through the roots and into the needed areas. Nighttime is when the power plants are turned off and all of this stored up goodness is used. I can't tell you how many times I have gone into my tent first thing in the morning, and been surprised with an inch or more growth.
      So yes, I believe they need the dark period. They can easily deal with 24/0, but for optimum growth, my money is on 18/6.

Ive always heard people using Stim Root #3 for clones, when i went to get some they just had #1 and i never had success. I take that is why there was no #3 cause it was so popular. And yes you can have a 24/0 light schedule then after 2-3 weeks put to 18/6 till its ready for 12/12.
    hpim1677.jpg

Comment

thanks katz, I had some rootone so used it and see a major diff. they look good. I figure after a guy kills a few they start paying attention to details lol - slo

Comment

OK, I'm on my third attempt and they have made it so far - they are out of the propagator and have a desk lamp on them and a fan. I spray twice a day and water w/mild neut water. Don't know what I'm doing but sure would like to see them get to a 1gal pot. They are in plastic cups w/ larger cups to hold water - I see no roots at this time so we shall see. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm hoping to get this down for next fall - I like this hobby - It's been awhile boys and girls and I live in Washington state - COOL - got to get this clone thing down and it's hard when you only do 2 or 3 at a time - you can't make any mistakes - go figure - slo-han

Comment

Third times the charm they say - moved the clones out into the world last night - all three look healthy. The snoop cross is going nuts, the GSC is shooting new growth and the blue dream is doing the same. Kind of had to can the schedule thing and just let them tell me what up. All is good - slo

Comment

• thegreengrower
            thegreengrower commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a really satisfying feeling when you get it right aint it.. Personally, I think it's a confidence thing, and now that you have a handle on it they'll be no stopping you now. I can remember my first attempts / failures, thinking I'll never get it cracked, now, well, every time I do my cuttings I get a 99% success. I do all mine in an aeroponic cloning chamber, I find this the easiest way to go. ( for me anyway)

Patience seems to be the key. Was just about to give up after around 3 weeks waiting when, what do you know? I spy some baby roots!

Comment

• thegreengrower
            thegreengrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Nicey.. Patience is key when growing weed. And even more so when doing cuttings.. Now you've cracked it.. :-)) nice one.

Patience, boy oh boy, I used to lay out and wait for my target sometimes for hours - only time I was wounded was when they took me out and put me in a supposed safe hill in VN. I must have lost that somewhere as I get older. Alas, will be "practicing" the technique again in my life as it worked then and works now. I think it's funny as I see lots of hurry up farmers having lots of hurry up issues in this hobby. Hell, I just shocked two plants maybe to death by using some turkey poop tea. It had been laying for years but had been under cover - didn't think about that - two big flush times and still quite yellow and sad looking - will flush again and see. Oddly enough I used some store bought stuff on some others and they look good. Lesson - dilute turkey tea and try a little at a time - go figure

Comment

OK, the two I burned I flushed well but they look bad - the others are getting pretty stinky - time to move them me thinks. Don't know what will happen to the burned ones, they are showing new greens but will they turn male? More at eleven - slo

Comment

Working...
            X