Scrog Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrog Questions

Hi everyone, I am a beginner grower and I have done tons of research, built my room, Have my lights, have my strands, I just have some questions to get it al together. I have some sweet island skung clones that are about 10" tall. They are under a T5 right now with some seedlings I have of Banana Og and Golden Goat. I have a 8x8 grow room fully covered in pvc plastic from top to bottom including the floors and ceiling. I halso have 3x8 cloning/vegging room. I have 4x1000 watt mh lights full exhaust etc. I am going with the SCROG method. My questions are, how long do I veg for, what are some good nutes i can use, I am currently using organic fox farms ocean forest soil with 50% coco. I know that yields are hard to say but I have seen 1.5 lbs on most scrog systems. I'd like to intertwine 3 plants together under 1 1000 watt light? figuring I can get 1.5 from each plant and fill in the gaps of each plant withe the neighboring plant if that makes sense. Any info would be awesome! Any tips on maximizing my grow! thanks

Hi Xander. The length of time you veg for will be dependent on the size of screen and strain used. Normally you would flower when the screen is about half full, however this will change depending on strain. If you have a strain known to stretch a lot during flowering you will want to leave it a lot of space to grow into so maybe switch when it is 30%-40% full. A strain that does not stretch so much will not need so much space so you could wait until it was 60%+ full.
    So the general rule is when the screen is about half full, a bit less for leggy sativas, a bit more for squat indicas.
    Obviously when the plant gets to this point now depends on the size of screen and how many plants you have under it.
    Theoretically you could have a screen the size of a football pitch and just keep vegging until you fill it. Now that I would like to see.! ;-)

Comment

Working...
    X