How to Clone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Clone

You'll need a Cloning Dome, or you can make one, from a large, deep tupperware, and cover it with thin plastic wrap (saran~wrap), to start them in. (Or you can purchase one from any hydro supply store). They need to build up moisture, in a sealed environment.

Then on day, 4-6 you'll peel the corner of the plastic, back an inch, or so, to allow air flow (vent), for the remainder of the time, till they start to root. Or if you get the plastic dome, it has vents, built in, and you can open them a 1/4-1/2 inch. You also want that container (dome), sitting on a heating pad, on low.

You'll need cloning blocks (rock~wool), is best. Soak your cubes in ph'd water (6.5), 4 a few minutes, squeeze them so the water soaks in real good.

Sterilize all your cutters, Razor~blades/fiskers, and cutting surfaces, with alcohol. Make your cuts, from your mother plant, and stick the cuttings (directly) into a large cup of water.

Next, take you cuttings out of the cup, and you slice the end of the cutting, just past the last nod of the cutting, on a 45 degree cut, and dip them in the rooting/cloning jel, or powder, (lots) and stick them in the cubes.

Trim the upper leafs of the cutting half off, and any other undeveloped growth.

Then you set your cubes, in the dome, or homemade container (tupperware), and make sure they stay wet, at all times, not soaked, but wet. Do not let them sit in standing water. Check~em as often as possible, and in 10-18 days, or so, give or take, you'll notice the roots on the sides of the cubes.

When the roots start showing on the sides of the cubes, you'll want to get them into the soil.

Keep them under low wattage lighting, like T-5's or CFL's.

The trick is to keep them wet, not soaking wet, the whole time, till they root, and you should be fine.

If you are having problems, let me know, buy replying to this thread, and I'll try to help you, thru the process.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-27-2013, 01:30 PM.

Good post - have a question for ya, after placing in cube, what kind of light? I hear off for 12 and then to 18 on and 6 off. I hear "put in a corner of veg room". Can you expand on the lighting situation? - -thanks - slo

Comment

Originally posted by slo-han View Post
      Good post - have a question for ya, after placing in cube, what kind of light? I hear off for 12 and then to 18 on and 6 off. I hear "put in a corner of veg room". Can you expand on the lighting situation? - -thanks - slo
      Thanks Slo

Never heard of the 12 hours of darkness, (after placing in cubes). Never read, or heard of any scientific proof, or facts to support this. Requiring them to sit in the dark, for 12 hours, after~wards. The way I see it, is that they will be stressed enough, just from being taken from the mothers. Why stress them more, buy removing their light from them, for 12 full hours??

Most clones will be taken from a mother in veg. The lighting schedule is 18/6 for the mother plant and should remain that way for the clones also. But now days info is being told, from one stoner to another, to another and It's hard to find the real facts about stuff like this. Just because I haven't heard, or read this before, doesn't mean that it's not the way it should be done. All my cloning was done, (without the 12 hours of darkness) and they turned out just fine.

As far as "putting them in the corner of the veg room", that does sound correct, (when they have started rooting). The lighting should be doubled in strength, once they start to root.

Comment

Working...
      X