X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acclimate my seeds

i bought some seeds but never popped.
    i was told i had to acclimate them.
    has any one had this issue, if so tell me about it.
    or did i just get scammed?
    is acclimation of seeds a real thing?

how did you try to pop the seeds? They might be damaged but to get them all damaged is a bit strange. how many seeds did you try to pop?

Comment

100% Sucessful

take and put them in a shot glass with water(I use tap water not sure if bottled water would do any better). place it in a dark place(there should be no light at all). make sure the temperature is 72f-78f(roughly). leave until the seed until they crack open. then move to the paper towel method (ie two paper plates( one on top of the other)with two paper towels(I use 4 towels two on bottom two on top). keep in same place until you see the root, and shell starting to open..... then plant in what ever you want...... done and 100%
      It should take 24-48 hours to crack open. I've seen them take a little longer never longer then 72 hours. Not sure about acclimating seeds, usually fish, or environments things that need time to adjust to the living condition they will be in, not to grow. though if you ask some will say the water is acclimating the seeds. when its actually giving it the only thing it needs at this point water. if you look it up its not true acclimating seeds dose not exist to my knowledge.
      Last edited by doc_holliday; 02-23-2013, 09:50 PM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Originally posted by gloss100 View Post
        i bought some seeds but never popped.
        i was told i had to acclimate them.
        has any one had this issue, if so tell me about it.
        or did i just get scammed?
        is acclimation of seeds a real thing?
        Are you saying you germinate them, but they never came up? Or that you have them and just haven't tried to grow them yet?

Also, I don't think it is possible to get scammed with Cannabis seeds as long as you know what they look like. I have never seen another seed that looks like them, and I have seen alot of seeds. Also, as long as they are nice and hard, look well developed, and are not a very light green color (green seeds are sometimes fine, it is just that a very light/pale green usually means it is immature and dried out; thus, not viable) they should germinate.

I have never heard of having to aclimate Cannabis seeds (or the seeds of ANY annual for that matter). In fact, I have had them fall off of a plant into the soil and sprout within several days.

Like doc holiday said, put them in a glass of water until you see one end open and a small white/yellowish thing SLIGHTLY coming out. This is the tip of the root coming out of the seed. You can either do like doc holiday said and transfer to paper towels at this point, or do what I do and simply plant them into a small container (plastic cup, seed tray, etc.) of soil or whatever you use for growing. If you plant the end with the root showing "DOWN", it tends to speed up the time it takes to see the plants break the surface of the soil, but this is absolutely NOT necessary to do. We are only talking 12-36 hours sooner, generally.

Also, plant the seeds no deeper than about 1" beneath the surface. I prefer 1/2", but you must pay extra attention to keep the surface of the soil from drying out at such a shallow depth.

Comment

where to buy good seeds?

Comment

many seed banks out there and ship just about anywhere, just google seed banks or marijuana seeds for sale....look at seed bank reviews and deal with a reputable dealer

Comment

A personal recommendation would be your best bet. I have bought from Herbies, Attitude and Cannabis Seed store and have received an excellent service every time. Not sure if they deliver to US though as I live in Europe.
              Maybe some of our US members can give you a recommendation as to where they buy their seeds....?
              I know if you search the forum there have been recommendations like this in the past.

Comment

Do you put the seeds in cold water or warm?

Comment

Cold will do just fine.

Comment

Could I use the seeds from buds I got to smoke? Will this cause a problem after germination or will they even germinate?

Comment

Hi Upnsmoke. Welcome. Yes mate. Lots of growers start out with bag seed. If the weed was good, there's a chance the seeds will make good plants too. Do you have the gear to grow indoors? If you are in the northern hemisphere it is a bit too late to be growing outdoors this year.

Comment

• Upnsmoke
                        Upnsmoke commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In Fl. Wanna try an do out if possible

What do ya think starting in Aug in northern Fl? Please let me know where I can find a chart saying when I can plant most successfully Thanks n advance.

Comment

I'm not really familiar with Florida but I think you might be pushing it. The length of day is already short enough to start flowering and you haven't even cracked the seeds yet.
                        Are you frost free all year there? You can try and see what comes up, something is bound to and if you can guarantee no frost then you may get a wee crop, but personally I would wait until spring, you'll get much more bud from your seeds if you give them a whole season.
                        How many seeds did you get? If you have a load maybe just plant a couple and save the rest....?

Comment

do what Doc said I had trouble then tried what he said and boom got 8 vegy plants out of 10

Comment

Working...
                          X