Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloning autoflowering plants, is it possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloning autoflowering plants, is it possible?

I was wondering if it's possible to clone autoflowering strains like the feminized royal queen northern lights. what should be the photoperiod and type of light when growing autoflorewing plants?

no

first Autos are unable to be cloned as the clones will die when the mother has reached maturity regaurdless of what you do to the clone
    second with autos no need to worry about photo priods as the plant will flower on its own within a few weeks after germ

hope this has helped

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo Loco View Post
      I was wondering if it's possible to clone autoflowering strains like the feminized royal queen northern lights. what should be the photoperiod and type of light when growing autoflorewing plants?
      Yes, it IS possible, but like twiz said, they will mature at the same rate as the parent plant, and probably die before anything really happens. Auto flowering plants are just that... auto flowering. You don't have to induce flowering with short days (long nights). They flower when THEY are ready regardless of light cycle. I have grown one under 12/12 light and it lasted quite a while, but stopped producing new flowers after about 8-9 weeks from germination. They stayed alive for several more weeks, then quickly dried dried/died (with water, nutrition, etc. kept the same).

So, yes you can clone them, but there is no point.

And keep them under anything from 12/12 to 24/0 and they will be fine.

Comment

Autoflowers

When you have autoflowering plants, when I cut them for harvest, will they begin to regrow?...

Comment

Originally posted by BronchialDilator305 View Post
          When you have autoflowering plants, when I cut them for harvest, will they begin to regrow?...
          No. Auto-flowering plants will grow, flower, and then die. You can't "reveg" them like other plants. These plants are a completely different creature.

Comment

there is no point in reveging an autoflower. the only time i would recommend reveging is when you hav a huge plant and its an awesome strain to keep.

Comment

This is absolutely true! Autoflowers cant be re vegged as they flower by time not by light!
              As for the coning, it is very possible, but they will still flowers at the same time as their mother plant , so it is pretty much pointless!

Comment

12/12 vs 24/24

Question?

I hear here that auto flowering does just that auto flowering. The question develops abound the use of the light source. Do I grow under a 12/ 12 hour regiment or do I grow under a 24/24 regiment?
                When I veg it appears that a 22-24 hour period of light in veg in one room verses a 18 hour period of light in veg in another room and the veg room with the longer period of light seems to grow a bigger plant all things being the same. The plants grown in the longer light appear to be larger and they get to this point sooner than the plants in the veg room with the less amount of time on the light?
                I don't know any of the above to be the absolute truth, it just seems to be that way from the private results I have had in my grow experience. Is this the same for others out there? Longer veg light and more robust and quicker time frame for the veg plants.
                If the above is correct then does the time of light you give your "auto-flowering" plants make difference? Or I guess the question is, "What is the correct light regiment for the best yield from our "Auto-Flowering" plants? 12 on 12 off or ????............

Comment

Hi Smokesalot
                  Autoflowerers are not dependent on photoperiod so the longer you leave the lights on the better. The genetics are from northern areas of central Asia where they have become adapted to the long northern summer days. Many people leave them on 24/24 while others think that stresses them too much and put them on 20/4. Technically more light = more photosynthesis so a 24/24 cycle should give you the biggest crop. It depends if you want to give your baby a rest or drive her hard right up to the finish line. You are right to say that longer period of light gives more growth, all things being the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X