Nutrients....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrients....

Pretty interesting read here thought i would share it here with ya peeps. Happy growing my friends.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/feedin...t-and-how-much

I've heard about HP before but it was for sick plants(which I believe was mentioned) - I think it was root rot? I still have that bottle and am still waiting for that root rot - go figure! The oxygen thing is interesting my friend. Have been fighting mold on a strawberry blue - I just wonder - they are all in bud and I figure a week maybe - slo

Comment

The Lucas formula is what I've been using exclusively for well over ten years regardless of the strain,i also use the same ratio from seedling to harvest without adjusting or diluting the nutrient strength.
      but i do disagree with the articles suggestion of changing the reservoir weekly,..the formula itself was designed to minimize or eliminate the frequent changing of the reservoir through the the entire grow cycle by either topping off the res with plain ph'd water and then replace when equal amount of plain add back water has been used in relation to the tank size,or as i use,adding back or topping off with 33% nutrient per gallon,i have reused the same nutrients for up to two grow cycles
      i would recommend to anyone growing reservoir style hydroponics whether it be e&f,nft,water farm types to try this method at least once.the ph must be monitored just as in any hydro reservoir. my best results using the Lucas method are when the ph is 5.5-5.8,..the peroxide suggestion should aslo be used,i use eight oz of 35% added to the res every two weeks to keep the nutrient crystal clear,algae free with constant aeration...never had a problem with any buildup of accumulated salts either.
      this link is to Lucas own website...very nice article from the Op as well,thanks.
      http://www.asklucas.com/index.html
      Last edited by pitviper; 10-04-2014, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I have sort of been doing the Lucas formula/method, with regards to the adback, only exception is, I do use the GH Gro nutrient in the veg area.... As I change rooms (or go outside) for flowering, I can change the mixture at that point.... Right now, I have only JUST started to move a hydro system outside and will not be able to run the full cycle this season as the temps will start dropping too low for that to be worthwhile. Also, I do not leave any of the flowering plants outside at night, during the longer days of summer, I force flowering by putting whichever plants I want to flower, into a dark closet off my veg room. There is room in there for 3 6 foot plants... For the winter months, I just leave the flowering plants in my house with all my pepper plants and other veggies, like peppers and cucumbers, normal herbs and lime tree etc... I do however, flush the system on two week intervals, using the flushed nutrients to water the rest of my potted plants, so its not a total waste and just out of habit from a full hydro system I was running a few years ago.... Which followed the General Hydroponics system recommendations almost to the tee, only thing I did differently, was like the lucas method, during veg, I just added nutrient once a week, water all other times... REALLY simple, PH stayed within reasonable levels... If I can safely eliminate the GRO ingredient from my recipe, I am all for making it simpler! Plus getting rid of the SEVEN other nutrients that GH recommends on their schedule, makes my life MUCH simpler! I like Simple, less things go wrong that way!

I was also interested in the use of HO2 for O2 uptake in the rootzone, I might have to try that this winter for a cycle

Comment

hydro-peroxide does perk them up while it last in the reservoir for several hours before it oxidizes out...although my intended use of it is just for the cleaning & maintenance of the nutrient solution.
          but it has those secondary benefits before it volatilizes. .

Comment

Working...
          X