Strangely bended leafs with yellow-brownish spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangely bended leafs with yellow-brownish spots

Hi, everyone, i'm a new grower and my first try does not feel itself well so far. Is it an over watering or smth else? I checked some pics of overwatered cannabis and i'm not sure.

Hi Sol. These problems are quite often down to over watering.
    I take it that you have eased up on the watering. How is this plant now?

Comment

Originally posted by Saturnalia View Post
      Hi Sol. These problems are quite often down to over watering.
      I take it that you have eased up on the watering. How is this plant now?
      Hi, thanks a lot for answering! Well, it grows, but still has some yellow, brown and white stuff on leafs. Last time i watered it 6 days ago; soil at 5cm depth is still wet. I tend to think it's a nutrient burn, but If u say it's overwatering, i'm dropping to water it until it gets better.

Also i have another younger plant. For this one i partially mixed growing soil with regular poor soil and looks like it's doing well for now. But yeah, i'm also watering it less, than the first one.

Can you explain, please, why these white made-of-dots-stripes are forming on the first plant's leafs? It's a total mystery for me.

Comment

Hey Sol, what are you feeding this plant?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmokin View Post
          Hey Sol, what are you feeding this plant?
          Hi, thanks for answering! I'm using the same growing soil mix for both plants. Little one keeps developing and looks very good. The older one took a lot of damage due to my overwatering mistake. It's alive but looks stressed.
          I can try to find out composition of the soil if it'll help.

P.S. Buy testing soil moist at 5-7 cm depth with my finger i found out soil can hold water far FAR longer than i thought

Comment

That's because they are so small Sol. As the plants and roots grow they will begin to drink more. For now you need to water just a little and make sure you have very good drainage.
            Did you use perlite or vermiculite in the soil?

Comment

Did you use perlite or vermiculite in the soil?
              I used ceramsite and not enough i think. Maybe roots are suffocating cause of it =\

Planning on vermiculite next time.

Also i realized most of my led lights are 5500k which is far from optimal if i get the thing right, so a lot of mistakes have to be fixed after this first try of mine.

Comment

5500 is not far off. I think 6500 is optimum so I don't think there will be much in it. How many Watts?

Comment

5500 is not far off. I think 6500 is optimum so I don't think there will be much in it. How many Watts?

That's some good news for me, ty. But i still need 2700k for flowering phase, right?

I have 140 (2x70) watts of 5500k, 25w of 6500k, 15w of 3000 and 35 watts of full specter. All LED.

Also few days ago i added 2 more full-specter lights and noticed smth confusing. According to the specs-sheet these full-specter lights are 100 watts each, but they look quite dimmer than the 5500k 70 watt lamp. Maybe it's a perception effect, cuz in 5500k those 70 watts of power are concentrated and in full-specter 100w are spread all over the whole specter. Or maybe i just got fucked by a shady retailer

Comment

I've got one more overwatering-related question, btw, if you don't mind.
                    Is it possible for such overwatering and the following damage to turn fem seed into a male crop? Cuz i think i see smth looks like male pre-flowers on the overwatered one

Comment

The overwatering, in conjunction with the poor lighting, may have stressed your plants. Keep a close eye on them. Remove those male flowers just as soon as you identify them.

Comment

The overwatering, in conjunction with the poor lighting, may have stressed your plants. Keep a close eye on them. Remove those male flowers just as soon as you identify them.

Na, i got it wrong, it was just delayed flowering. Everything seems pretty good now. Thanks for all advises. I learned a lot during this first try!

Comment

Working...
                        X