flowers and surrounding leaves are turning almost white- help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flowers and surrounding leaves are turning almost white- help

I am in the Spokane Wa area which is a high plains desert. Think pine tree, mountains and deer.
    I am fairly new to growing. This is y 3rd year. I grow outdoors. My soil is sandy and doesn't hold nutrients well.
    I have 2 plants this year White widow and Black dog. They have just started flowering. I noticed today that the flowers and surrounding leaves are turning almost white. Its just a few on WW but on BD its every flower and I noticed yellowing fan leaves toward the bottom of the plant. The plants get watered every other day from our sprinkler system . I fertilize them every other day with half strength. I have been using Fox Farm
    Tiger Bloom,Grow Big, and Big Bloom. When I saw signs of flowering start I stopped all but Big Bloom 0-0.5-0.7. Its fall here and the night are in the high 40's and 60s during the day. One stalk has some purple stems too. Can u help? Here's some pics Thank u - Lunar
    WW only a few that lok like this BD all flowers are affected The flowers all the way  down the stalk are colored this way
    Last edited by Lunar; 09-11-2018, 02:44 AM.

Hi Lunar. This could possibly be an iron deficiency. Ironically (see what I did there ;-)) you probably don't have a lack of iron, although iron may be available in the soil, an incorrect pH may be causing nute lock and making it unavailable to the plant. Have you checked the pH? Does it start with a 6?
    Have a good read around the internet about iron deficiency in cannabis plants and see if you think this could be a thing for you.
    Hope this helps. Let us know....

The cold evenings may be causing the purpling, but not sure if it might be something that is connected to the other problem or not. Cold conditions cause plants to flush purple but this is a normal reaction and nothing to worry a bout.

Comment

• Lunar
      Lunar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank u . I have never checked the PH. Of the soil correct? Is it going to hurt the flowers? I have never had any issues before. My plants the last 2 years did well. Should I stop fertilizing? Confused if u continue when it starts to flower or stop. Thanks again for all ur help.

Well, I gave the plant iron and tested the PH. Its confusing. On one side of the plant the test was 6.5 the other side was 7.5. Would the PH cause my leaves to be turning?

Comment

Its is dying. Every day it turns more yellow. I am at a loss on what to do.

Comment

You say it isn't nute burn, but it really sounds like it.

Comment

If I were you, I'd flush my plant ASAP

Comment

Do u flush it even if its in the ground? I thought that was for a potted plant. Can u tell me what to do? What I've read is for indoors.. I didn't say it wasn't not nute burn. I have no idea. But why is it just one plant? they are planted by each other. I really appreciate ur feed back . Thank u!

Comment

Yes you can flush in ground. I read you're using nutes once every other day 😲 in flower, I dropped it back to once every 2 weeks and use regular water in between. Flowering plants are pickier and aren't as forgiving with nutes.

Comment

• Lunar
                Lunar commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank u Faeriena and Schmokin !

• Lunar
                Lunar commented
                Editing a comment
                I flushed it with about 10 gal of water. Hope that wasn't to much. If the ph is off how would u amend the soil with the plant there?I'm thinking thats why its not getting iron. One side of the plant tested 6.5 the opposite side 7.5. I folar fed it yesterday and I see the leaves are dark now but the new leaves and flower remains the same

These pics are from this morning. Not looking good. The newest suggestion is that I stopped the nute to early. I had started only feeding with Fox Farm Big Bloom. He thinks the plant is starving and to start back feeding with the 3 part nute.

Comment

The purpling is probably from cold nights. I would also agree that it looks hungry-give it some food and she should perk up.

Comment

No offense, but I've never heard of an outdoor grow "starving" especially when given nutes every other day prior to this. I would be more worried that it has chem burn from too much, but I may be wrong 🤷 I'm just worried it'll make it worse.

Comment

• Lunar
                    Lunar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was told if the PH is wrong it wil prevent the plant from getting the nutes from the ground. At this point I think I have nothing to lose. If I don't find the answer its going to die. If nothing else I have learned alot from this.
                    Its a shame. It was a killer plant. Here's what it looked like before the problems .

No pic uploaded. I just know I chem burned all but one of my plants. Before this I always would grow in corn fields and forests, would check on my plants monthly, and they would be huge by harvest, lol.

Comment

• Lunar
                    Lunar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had to resize the pics

Before and now.

Comment

Wow. Man, I don't know. I'd chalk it up as a loss honestly. It's got worse from last pic. ☹️ I'd pull the fans that are dying off in a last ditch effort.

Comment

u think so ? I have to look at the pic side by side.

Comment

Working...
                      X