Brown spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown spots

I have 2 of these plants (4 weeks on Oct 23rd), growing RDWC under a 125W CFL. I will change to 250W HPS for flowering. (It's still too warm here to control the temperature of the tent for HPS just yet). I use GH Flora Series and the pH (average 6.0) and EC (average 0.5, slowing increasing) mixed using RO water, are well within range, so I don't think it is a nutrient deficiency. Nutrient temperature is now controlled by a water cooler and kept at 20 to 21 degC. It was running warmer up to 2 days ago - 20 to 23 degC. The brown spots are on the lower and middle leaves and only one plant is affected. Any suggestions on what this might be?
    Sweet Nurse, auto, feminized. 4 weeks old

Hi pequod. Welcome.
    Do you use calmag at all? I had a similar thing going on and cal mag fixed it.
    If not, check out come of the rust spot fungi. But try calmag first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Saturnalia. I did realise I had forgotten the cal-mag as I am using RO water, so I added some. Seems to have stopped the problem, but the spots remain although plants and roots look healthy. Although there are new yellow "squareish" marks on 1 upper leaf. I think it is yellow leaf spot (leaf septoria) comparing with pictures. I sprayed with a general purpose fungicide yesterday. Hoping it will halt this. I also changed to my 250W HPS a few days ago but I don't think this has any detrimental effect. EC is 1.2 and pH is steady.

Comment

How are you getting on with this now?

Comment

would be following the latest developments on this issue closely

Comment

Working...
          X