I Need Some Help Pretty Please))

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Some Help Pretty Please))

Hello! This is my first time growing, and I think I've screwed up.

Approximately 3.5 weeks ago, I germinated 20 White Widows in peat pellets. I think I made the mistake of leaving them in those peat pellet though, when I transplanted them. Subsequently, I believe I over watered them. I recently removed the peat moss and now they're in Happy Frog soil only. I also noticed that the bottom leaves were turning yellow, so I figured they needed nitrogen, so I fertilized them last Thursday with Flower Power's Grow fertilizer. The leaves seemed to be getting more yellow, but the soil was dry, so I also fertilized them again yesterday. Looking back I think I may have over-fertilized them. I'm thinking now that there may be a pH problem. My pH meter broke, so I'm waiting for my new one to arrive this week. Maybe the light is an issue too. They are currently growing under 108 watt T5 florescent bulbs. I'm hoping to put them under my new 1000 watt HPS lights today though. To sum it all up, I don't know what the problem(s) is, and I think I'm might make it worse if I continue to futz around aimlessly. I would greatly appreciate any feedback or help you can give me))
    4/20 8/20 12/20

I DID THE SAME OVERWATERED .... LET THEM DRY OUT THEN FLUSH WITH CLEAN WATER

Comment

When you say you removed the peat moss - do you mean you took the plants out of the pellets? If this is the case then you will have damaged the roots when you did so. You should normally plant them into the soil whilst leaving them in the peat pellets.
      Other than that, yes, too much feed and too much water. Let them dry out and give them nothing but water. You should let them dry out between each watering. Feel the weight of the pot when they are wet and then when they are dry. This will give you a good idea of when they need watered.
      The light should be fine, probably better than a harsh 1000W HPS while they are so delicate.
      These plants should come back fine. Just give them time and let them do their thing. The happy frog soil has plenty of nutes to get them going. Just water, for at least a couple of weeks.

Comment

For now, trying to give a cup of water for few days.
        Last edited by chirsfrancy; 02-17-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X