Yellowish seedlings :/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellowish seedlings :/

SO. This is my first grow, and unfortunately i did nooby stuff and cut a corner. Or two.

I've got 8 seedlings (Bagseed Suprise) roughly 20 inches under a "300"(138 actual) watt led. Most are showing slight yellowing on the tips and all have red stems. I consulted google and came to phos def. The soil is Harvest Organic, with a .1-.05-.05 npk. I gave them 1/4 tsp foxfarm grow big in 4 cups of water yesterday, the growth exploded sorta, but they don't look to be much healthier. On actually looks much worse for wear... help!

Unless it gets worse I wouldn't worry about it. I had some yellowing when mine first came up. I was worried to but now they look like this big and healthy. But then again I've added some nutrients to mine usually to the looks of them is how much I add but that's just my way. But now that I think of it it could be multiple things. Could be over/Under watering or the lights could be to close.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey420 View Post
        Unless it gets worse I wouldn't worry about it. I had some yellowing when mine first came up. I was worried to but now they look like this big and healthy. But then again I've added some nutrients to mine usually to the looks of them is how much I add but that's just my way. But now that I think of it it could be multiple things. Could be over/Under watering or the lights could be to close.
        At first i thought it was light burn, but i dropped them down about 4 inches from where they were but it didn't really help. They are somewhat bigger since i gave the nutes, but still pretty yellow. I'm thinking i won't see improvement until new growth, so i guess now i play the waiting game.

P.S. I've never heard of a dark horse strain.

Comment

I can't find much of anything about my Strain for some reason. and if you need anything later on PM me. I always like to help fellow growers if I can.

Comment

And hmm that doesn't make much since how often do you water?

Comment

And hmm that doesn't make much since how often do you water?
              2-3 days, when it's dry to my first knuckle, and they get a misting before lights out.

Comment

Hmm I water mine 2 times once in the morning and once at night but then again I have a 600watt HPS so the water drys up quicker. But I don't know much about LED's. I keep my light about 18ins away. How fast does the water dry up? I know wierd question but sometimes this can tell alot. I miss mine about 5 times a day. Also is there drainage holes in the cups? I started mine in pretty big containers. So I wouldn't have to transplant so fast. But if everything we have talked about doesn't ring any alarms I would just give it some time like I said mine were alittle yellow when they were that small but it was only 1 leaf or a spot here and there.

Comment

Have you looked online about yellow seedlings or yellow spots. There's alot of forums and websites that explain it.

Comment

Hmm I water mine 2 times once in the morning and once at night but then again I have a 600watt HPS so the water drys up quicker. But I don't know much about LED's. I keep my light about 18ins away. How fast does the water dry up? I know wierd question but sometimes this can tell alot. I miss mine about 5 times a day. Also is there drainage holes in the cups? I started mine in pretty big containers. So I wouldn't have to transplant so fast. But if everything we have talked about doesn't ring any alarms I would just give it some time like I said mine were alittle yellow when they were that small but it was only 1 leaf or a spot here and there.
                    My light is roughly half the strength of your light, at about the same distance. It's dry...ish after 30-36 hours but i wait for 48 for simplicity' sake and to avoid overwatering.

Comment

Sounds like your doing the right things maybe try watering as soon as it's dry and not waiting. And I assume you have drainage holes.(just making sure not trying to sound mean) plus it's hard to believe mine were just seeds after them being as big as they are now

Comment

What are your indica or saliva or hybrid? Mines 70 indica and 30 sativa

Comment

Hi iAvanteGarde. Have you tried some CalMag? It can be invaluable for creating healthy plants with vibrant green foliage.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmokin View Post
                            Hi iAvanteGarde. Have you tried some CalMag? It can be invaluable for creating healthy plants with vibrant green foliage.
                            Hey Schmokey, they're actually looking waaaaay better since i posted, at this point they look completely healthy, except for a couple of droopers, but i think i can attribute that to overwatering

Comment

I'm having issues with my second that I don't know how to fix it. The leaves are round there not soposed to be..

Comment

Working...
                              X