Vaporizer Corner - Get Started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the good 'ole "bong" days?

I never thought I'd have to admit to being confused about....um....vaporizing. I have multiple sclerosis and degenerative arthritis of the spine/hips.....in other words, chronic pain. But I've found during the past 6 months or so that smoking bothers me tremendously !!! So I came in search of a solution (God I love the internet ......but I see vaporizers have become a bit fancier (digital???????) and a lot more expensive.

Can someone please suggest one that is less expensive ($75 or so?) and of good enough quality to last until I can afford a better model? I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Twstd

Comment

An Affordable Vape

It is very important that you get what will be effective, and do not just buy a unit because the price is right!
      Many people get turned off because they do not enjoy the 1st experiences, and never try again, due to poor equipment.
      You can find a used solid unit that will cost you that much if you are lucky .. you can look in Craigslist too.
      I will tell you a couple of prices.. I will also PM you with a bit more info.
      The units that serve the best, and the costs....(of course then we must determine which kind of user you are.. how you will want to do this.
      Silver Surfer-290 (can be had for as low as 190)
      Vapir NO2- 178 ( no real bargains to be had.. unless you find one for sale by an individual.. I know of one on a website for sale for 115)
      AromaZap- 179 there are used ones around for 100- 150
      Magic Flight Launch Box 119 everyplace (Lifetime warranty)

Most people like the MFLB because it is portable, and they get this one 1st when on a tigh budget. It can be used as a daily driver too, but does use battery power (rechargeable.) There is a learning curve so I tell folks to watch a few videos to get the idea. I am sending you some info.

Comment

Great website

Thanks Vitolo...once again you've been a major help with your information. I'm wondering....how can people post vids to uTube showing them USING the vaporizers without legal trouble? How does this website get by? Where has it been all my life?? lol I understand very little of what I read here but I'm having such fun finding out what it all means. I see some changes coming. Good thing I have a green thumb.

Twstd

Comment

Got it

[/QUOTE]Most people like the MFLB because it is portable, and they get this one 1st when on a tigh budget. It can be used as a daily driver too, but does use battery power (rechargeable.) There is a learning curve so I tell folks to watch a few videos to get the idea. I am sending you some info.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got it. I'm going with the MFLB with plans to "upgrade" in the future.

Twstd

Comment

Vape well!

I wish you well for sure you have made a good choice.
            If you need help with anything let me know!

Comment

Impressed

Vitolo: You're certainly one interesting guy !!!!! and I know exactly where to go with questions.

P.S. I'm tellin' your wife you poked a hole in her plant mister.

Comment

Noooooo!!!

Nooooooo
                Don't tell!
                Last edited by Vitolo; 01-05-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Morning Flight

Vito's Morning Flight
                  Last edited by Vitolo; 01-05-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

MFLB Stuff

Vito approaches the "Flight Deck" to see who's up next on the "Launch pad"!

Comment

Kinda envious...

Quite the assortment ya got there. Must be nice not to have to find clever hiding spots

Comment

Originally posted by TwstdStitch View Post
                        Quite the assortment ya got there. Must be nice not to have to find clever hiding spots
                        It is like having died and gone to heaven to not have to hide.
                        Incidentally... If anyone is having trouble with a vaporizers function... or even getting a proper hit from any vape.. I am willing to Skype a vape session with you with any vape... and help you get a great hit!

Comment

Legalization

I see NJ finally got smart. PA usually does what NJ does so we may not be far off. Of course, once all the states legalize, the Senate/Congress, etc. will put the screws to it all. Especially if McCain is our next President. (I shudder !!)

Comment

Butt, Butt....

In Honor of Zap Behinds
                            Behind every great Zap.....
                            ....is a Zap Behind!
                            Let us not overlook the rear end of the Zap.
                            We always show a gleaming facial portrait type shot of our Zaps....
                            When there is indeed a great deal of beauty sitting at Mr. Zap's back door!

There is great beauty here.. no "ifs, ands, or ... BUTTS"! (Zap Butt that is.)
                            There is no finer derriere to be seen in the Vaporizer world, so let those girls do the "CAN - CAN"
                            (for you kids... the can-can is a french dance from the 40's that accentuated the posterier view)

Comment

Nausea, MJ Vapor, and Aromatherapy

About Aromatherapy
                              Sadly I have many symptoms that distress me due to my coma.
                              Nausea is a terrible enemy.
                              Happily there is MJ!
                              In the morning when I am at my worst, I learned that working with my essential oils, and blending... takes me away from the nausea. Many pure essential oils have these therapeutic benefits.

I own many vapes, and collect certain favorites.. like the MFLB, The Zaps... and the SSV!
                              The SSV is the 1st vape I go to in the morning when I wake up and am ill. It has the power and capacity that may be needed for any level of medical discomfort.
                              As you can see from the image The SSV is also a tool that I use for aromatherapy, and my essential oils are close at hand to mix the experience of MMJ vapor relief, and soothing scents in the air!

Comment

Beta Tests on the new RockZapSSS by Aromazap (part1)

Beta Testing on The new AromaZap RockckZapSSS.
                                A new AromaZap design in an herbal Vaporizer, with a Solid Stainless Steel HeatPort and a ceramic liner, allowing a higher temperature for vaping.
                                As you know the AromaZap can be left on 24/7, and can be used to diffuse oils or vaporize herbal material.
                                Today I was as excited as I have ever been to get home from a trip to the Post Office!
                                I knew what was in this package already, and my fingers were itching to open it

The first thing I noticed, was that this Zap was beautiful!
                                She was not as brightly colored as she appeared in her original photo shoot. The wood grains are very clear, and the finish also was not as glossy as I expected.
                                Mabel is totally natural looking in every respect, and although buffed well… she still took a layer of ZaPolish and soaked it in.
                                Slightly more compact than her sisters, she is still a good size.

She came with a special SS Vapor Tube, and if you peek to her left you will see a bushing. This was sent along so that the original brass stems from the Zap could be used as well, since this new Heat Port is a slightly larger bore.
                                About the stems. They are exactly the same thickness but are about 1/4" taller.

I tried various grinds of herb, and compared the SS Stem to the older brass stems, and I found I could consistently get between 5% and 8% more herb into the tip if I wished to fill a bit heavier. This may be good, as Mabel the Beta RockZap runs hotter, and can handle a bit more of a "stem".
                                The mesh of the screen that is in the new SS Stem is a wider gauge that the Brass Stems.

During Stem capacity testing I did notice that the older brass stems restricted the passing of "duff"… the finer dusty components found in dried average grade bud. The New SS stem allowed a tiny amount of the dust through, BUT, I was testing hard, and using a very dry fine blend for this portion of the evaluation,that one would not likely use.
                                The brass stem with the adaptive bushing added fits into the heatport slightly more snuggly. I attribute this to an interesting "side finding'… The brass stem seemed, in spite of a slightly smaller capacity, got a hit or two more than the SS Stem. The Brass stem with the bushing also got a darker ABV each time.(smaller screen gauge should possibly be taken into account)
                                The SS Stem worked magnificently though, and these comments are not by any means recommended changes.. just observations!
                                Last edited by Vitolo; 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X