Seed selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed selection

I'm looking at seed options and I want to ask if there are strains better suited for taking clones than others? For instance I was reading yesterday that topping an auto flowering plant may cause issues. Would this be true for cutting clones?

Hi arliss. You cannot clone autos. Well, you can but clones have the same age as their parent plant and being as the clock is always ticking with autos cloning is really a waste of time.
    Most strains clone quite well. If you want lots of production then you could maybe select a strain with lots of lateral branching. This will give you more clone sites to take from.
    Your starting point for strain selection should be about the type of weed you want to smoke and how much space you have to grow in.

Comment

Thanks that's good to know. My hope is to keep seed buying at a minimum until minds and laws change. Im looking at more of the medicinal strains for personal use only. I have one of the super closets so space is on my mind. Appreciate the feedback.

Comment

• Armyboy042
        Armyboy042 commented
        Editing a comment
        Which super closets do you have?

I have just grown CBD Critical Mass from CBD Crew. It's a well respected medicinal strain and I was very happy with it. It cloned well and I am growing the second generation now. It also spontaneously reverted to veg after harvest (Check the pics here - https://forum.howtogrowmarijuana.com/...vegging-plants) and I now have a friend who has cloned these and is growing them out successfully. In fact, I have another plant outside by the back door that is doing exactly the same thing.
      It was a strain that got much better after curing. It's the first high CBD strain I have grown and at first I thought it was shit as we weren't really getting stoned. About 3 - 4 weeks of curing though and it has turned into a fantastic strain with good flavour and a good stone. People have commented and complimented me on it at gatherings.
      Worth a look at......

Comment

That sounds perfect for what I am looking for. Will add to my order and let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Army boy I have the Superstar led. And I have seeds thanks to herbies. Ordered on the 1st arrived today!

Comment

Working...
          X