AUTO flowering LED vs HPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUTO flowering LED vs HPS

Hi all I am seeking some detailed information on whether or not to go pop some autos,
    there's a lot of controversy on them I know but are they worth the switch over from a normal photo period breed

I have a 400w HPS an was wondering what sort of expected yield I would be looking at on an average look

also am looking at an LED setup because I heard they produce heavier heads ,
    Any suggestions ?
    If anyone could help out it would be much appreciated !

SmokeWeedTilMyNoseBleedz

From what i have seen auto flowering strains are not that big of producers as they do not grow very high. You get up to medium size grows but nothing spectacular. As for LED or HPS well that all depends on how much you want to spend on a LED panel as they are quite pricey if you want a good one. I prefer LED cause it doesnt cost much to run and there is no worries of my plant getting too hot with a HPS

Comment

Good points Katzie - would also state that leds have trouble getting down thru the canopy if they are like a 225 or some other cheap china led.

Comment

Autos are a good way of learning and handy for people with limited space. If you are already growing photos I would stick with them. You will save yourself about 2 or 3 weeks with an auto and get a lower yield.
        Although one of the growers on here used autos as a space filler in his tent whilst vegging photo period plants and that seemed productive. It means extra long veg while you are waiting for the autos to finish but gives you a handy crop half way through. Maybe worth considering.

Check out some of the grow diaries. There have been a few LED grows so you could get some info there.

Comment

I disagree with auto's being small yields, the breeding of auto,s has come a long way in the past few years. The plants are getting stronger and the yields greatly improved, obviously you have choose the right strain as some do not produce as much as others just like photoperiods. I have seen a auto ultimate produce over 500g the only down side i see to this is the time from germination to harvest. The Auto ultimate that weighed in at 515g took 95days and it was grown under leds.

Comment

Working...
          X