No announcement yet.

Blueberry Growers Come Hither.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberry Growers Come Hither.........

Anyone here that loves to grow Blueberry, i would love some advice as i just bought 10 Blueberry seeds today and they will be my next grow in the next 2 months or so. So any advice would be greatly appreciated and i will be growing in soil and indoors.

Well i have started to germinate 4 Blueberry that i bought, hope all 4 take and all female. Have six more that i am saving.
    Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 03-14-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

I think that we have the same cycle katzie. I am just about to harvest this weekend and wanted to start a new one. i still havent decided which strain to get for the next grow. but i have to get a move on and start germination. haha that sounds wierd. I hope all goes well with your blueberrys

Comment

Tall

Over on this side of the earth, what "they" call "Blueberry", here in the great State of Nevada tends to be a fairly tall plant. Lost of sativa genetics. So for indoor grow here I use a trellis line located about 3 and one halve feet/one meter above the plant container. I bend the plant along the string line as it grows out. I start to bend the plant in the veg stage, A bamboo stake on the edge of the plant container then I tie the tops over and to this stake. Sometimes in the veg stage I have to place the tie over bamboo stake in the next plant container over sometimes even have to move the bend stake to the third plant container over . This gets a good bend started for your flower time. Then in the flower time anticipate at least one to two feet of more growth. If not bent you'll find your Blueberry top bud around 5 and one half to 6 feet/2 meters above your plant containers. Much to tall for most indoor grows. Try the Bend......

On a 4' X 4' plastic container I run a 3-4' high line along the outside of the 4X4 container then in the middle of said container I grow 3-4 Indicia plants at the same time never moving my 1000 watt High Sodium more than 1 foot up during the entire floor time. Sativa on the outside indicia on the inside total 9 - 15 plants in said container. 10 plants (4 sativa, 1 each corner and 6 indicia (2 rows of 3 plant containers) in the center seems to yield the same amount as any other amount of plants placed into the 4'x4' container using the same size plant containers....
        I use 2 gal pot. With 65/35% cocoa fiber/perlite run to waste hydro.

ADVICE: Blueberry tends to grow very tall. As least here in the West......

Comment

Thanks Smokesalot but this blueberry that i have is a short growing plant from what ive been told which is what i want for my closet. 2 seeds have sprouted into seedling stage

Comment

• Gene87
            Gene87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Notice u started a few years ago wit ur bb I'm a new grower all around the board got any advice for me my light set up is pretty cheap have 3 23w 1620 lumens and a vegetable grow light in a 2'x2' space to start do I need more light

Great

That's cool keep us posted. Once had a Blueberry/Northern lights strain....Oh my.....

Comment

Gene87 the more cfl's you can add around the plant the better

Comment

• Gene87
              Gene87 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have four bb in all two have broke ground being that I put them in mg wen should I feed ferts to them

Gene87 did you say that mg soil had a 6 month slow release ferts already in it? IF so i would wait a while before feeding them to see how it does by itself. Just water for now.

Comment

I agree. I just heard a story about that mg slow release stuff. Not much point in a six month release with a plant that only takes 3-4. I would lay of the nutes for a while yet.

Comment

Working...
              X