Do nutrients expire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do nutrients expire?

I have a few grows under my belt, but I'm still very new. When I read the feeding information it said you shouldn't mix it more then 3 days in advance. Because of this I keep throwing away bottles of mixed nutrients and have to keep mixing more. Since I currently have babies I mix 16 Oz water bottles. But it would be much easier to mix by the gallon. My question is if all nutrients say that and if people really do only keep them for three days? I don't think I can divide the nutrients anymore, I only put in .1ml of some of the nutrients as it is.

I am also learning to work with nutrients and how to give the right ph levels, after testing I learned that my ph is way to high. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Smokingmama420; 02-11-2016, 03:49 AM.

I would always use a gallon jug when feeding my plants when i do grows with soil. Fill up your gallon jug and add your nutes one by one. I would shake or stir after each nute or supplement i would add. Then check pH and adjust using pH up or down. How many plants you have going?

Comment

Yes you can buy a pH meter or the liquid stuff which is cheaper but if you're colour blind lol its not a good choice.

Comment

That's the stuff I have, but I can't test the ph after I add the nutes because the color of the water changes.

Comment

It does not matter if the water changes colour you can still use the liquid pH drops.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/ph#test-adjust-ph-cannabis

Comment

That's great, thanks for telling me.

Comment

You're welcome, i got tired of using the liquid stuff and broke down and got a pH pen alot more accurate and easy to use.

Comment

I don't think nutrients will last forever, but it should be safe if it's just three days. To adjust your pH level, you can use pH control kit if you have hydroponic medium. Or you can add aluminum sulfate directly into your soil.

Comment

Working...
                X