Top watering - bottom watering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top watering - bottom watering

Does everybody always water their soil grown weed plants from the top? The reason I ask is because with any other plants you should water from the bottom to encourage the roots to grow downwards to search for the water. Yet everything I read about growing weed says water the plants from the top. Surely this encourages the roots to stay shallow rather than dig down deep.
    Anybody got any comments or ideas about this?

Hey greany, I am concerned with root rot and I am growing indoors. I understand your question but I water from the top and my plant is raised above the tub it sits in. This way It does not sit in water. I don't soak my plant, but slowly water it until the water runs out the bottom. So far it works and no root rot. Hydroponics I have not tried but will some day. Right now it's bring what ya got time and I got dirt. I would just hate to see my plant go to bud - and then rot on me. I'm not saying your watering from the bottom will do that, I'm just telling you to watch out for it, they have to dry out or they don't do well - good luck with your grow and let us know how it went - slo

Comment

Working...
    X