Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could medical marijuana ever replace opioids?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could medical marijuana ever replace opioids?

I was just reading a whitepaper on how medical marijuana should completely replace opioids. I guess marijuana has been proven to be 20 times more potent than Aspirin. My question is though, is that potent enough? I have a hard time believing that marijuana could compete with stronger opioids like codeine for pain relief. I would think serious and severe pain could never fully be treated by marijuana. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by jlaity; 04-26-2017, 03:15 PM.

I made some cannabis oil for my sister who has an illness which causes her a lot of pain. She said that, although it helped greatly, it wasn't enough on its own.

Comment

No, cannabis won't replace opiods for acute pain but they can be very effective when used as an adjunct. That's what has helped me to reduce my need for opiates to 1/3 the amount by themselves.
      Opiates work very well at knocking down pain-the challenge is to use them effectively.

Comment

I don't think they can replace opioids for severe pain. However they are a very effective analgesic and the lack of addictive properties means that they should be in every care givers arsenal.

Comment

Working...
        X