Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have any recipes for cooking marijuana in foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have any recipes for cooking marijuana in foods?

i heard you can put marijuana in brownies and pizza...any more ideas?

Recipes

Hi,

I am a physician doing marijuana evaluations in Tempe, AZ.

Patients are always asking about recipes for cannabis.

THC is the active ingredient in Cannabis. It is lipophilic, which means it mixes well with fats, oils. Any cookie or brownie recipe that uses butter, margarine or crisco will work well with cannabis. Mix 1 cup of loose weed (broken up and chopped if necessary) with one stick of butter (1/2 cup) and then proceed with the recipe. Make small cookies so that you can regulate how much you are getting--and in small doses.

You can use cannabis in stews and soups as well. The problem with certain types of recipes is that you cannot regulate how much marijuana is getting into your system.

Medical cannabis, now that it's regulated, is better used in measured doses. For example, in the cookie recipe above, you can determine how many small cookies you might need during the day at measured intervals.

Christine Strong, NMD
    Arizona

Comment

How does it take? Haven't tried yet..

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
        i heard you can put marijuana in brownies and pizza...any more ideas?
        i have learned that as long as you add it straight to something with fat in it like meat balls or meat loaf it works great,remember you can always use your medicated butter just like you would on anything,like in mashed potatoes or on toast,but straight on toast is harsh its better on something like garlic bread.

Comment

Yoghurt Drinks (Bhang Lassi)

Because weed is fat soluble I like to make a yoghurty drink. This works particularly well with clippings and leaves and is a good use for them.
          Quickly blanch the clippings/bud/foliage in boiling water to soften them up, then just liquidise them into a yoghurt drink or make your own smoothie type drink with fruit and yoghurt and cream or even ice cream. As long as the ingredients are full fat and not of the 'diet' variety.
          It's a bit like Bhang Lassi, but don't get hung up on recipes, just add the flavours that you love.

Comment

space cakes

When I was in the 'dam we ate lots of the space cakes. Nice sticky chocolatey sponges. I don't know the recipes but the coffee shop guys said they were all made with the clippings and trimmings from manicuring the buds. People who throw that stuff away must be mad as the space cakes were really potent.

Comment

cannabis tincture

Originally posted by imyourdoc View Post
              Hi,

I am a physician doing marijuana evaluations in Tempe, AZ.

Patients are always asking about recipes for cannabis.

Christine Strong, NMD
              Arizona
              Making marijuana tincture is often a good way for MMJ patients to imbibe their marijuana without having to smoke it.

Comment

Any plain old recipe will do! Just ask your mom for some old cookbooks and look for your childhood favorites.
                You can easily tweak the original recipe by slipping in a little cannabis (or perhaps a lot, if that's more to your liking)!
                When a recipe calls for butter, just turn that butter into cannabutter and BAMMO! Instant marijuana recipe!

Cannapasto anyone?! You know that wonderful pesto sauce they use on pastas and salads? Just add a little more green stuff to the green stuff, if you know what I mean, and you've got yourself cannapesto!

I once concocted a recipe for cannaburgers. Basically, you just mix the joint in with the burger meat, grill it, then build the sandwich. You can also add some keifer to whatever sauce you put on there! And of course, who could forget the caramelized onions fried in hash oil?!

Comment

Working...
                X