No announcement yet.

Brainstorming first large grow room....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainstorming first large grow room....

Hi All,
    We moved to Colorado 3 years ago, and bought our first house 4 months ago. Long story short, we are ready to do this!! We are planning on growing 12 plants, cycling 6 flowering & 6 smaller clones. We want to set-up a nice grow in our garage, and have some questions. First, let me explain our ideas, and let me know your thoughts/recommendations. We are thinking about building a 4'x8'x 2' high, planters box w/dirt, and either hanging lights, or framing an enclosure, with tin foil or something reflective on all walls & ceiling, I am wondering how well they will grow, if we do not build the enclosure? Will 2, 1000 watt lights be sufficient light for the plants to grow tall and have a high yield. The garage ceiling is at least 8' high. Thanks, more questions and hopefully some good pictures to share soon!

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. Yes, those lights will do it.
    The enclosure merely serves to reflect the light back into the plants? You could get by without but you are going to get more back with it. The more light the better and you pay enough for the electricity. Makes sense to get all those lumens right on the leaves rather than lighting your garage walls.
    White paint actually gives better reflection than tin foil. Unless you are going to get proper Mylar then I would recommend this is the way to go.
    Give some thought to the temps in there too. And make sure you have good air exchange so you get lots of clean fresh air.
    Sounds like an exciting project to get your teeth into. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
    X