Been Buying Too Long

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been Buying Too Long

Hello Forum, I have been buying this wonderful weed for too many years. I mean my first buy was a "nickle bag" full of seeds, stems, and a browinish looking dirt. And I have been buying and imbibing for the last 47+ years. Fortunately, I hooked up with a guy who let me buy 2 cuttings last year. My wife is the gardener and she finally gave in to my request to grow them in our fenced, very discreet wood stacking area. With the guidance of this site, our results were, what i felt very successful. We got about 130 grams yield from each plant. Just some nutrients for the vegging and then some for the flowering. From this site I learned of the trichomes and got myself a jewelers loop and watched them closely. All in all last year was a great success. I cured it, smoked it, ate it, even made some tincture . BUT by god, i didn't BUY it. Sorry i never thought to take pictures. We got 2 new cuttings about three weeks ago, hoping for the same easy success, but alas, one of them is looking very wilty. It is supposedly feminized white rhino. Don't know about the dirt they are in. Last year my wife transplanted them very early into the larger pots into her own mixture. These were transplanted by my friend into his mixture. He has lost 2 of his eight already. My wife said we have to hope it is too dry and the water will bring back by tomorrow or we might lose it. One of them is doing just fine. I took some pictures but they are very large and i don't know if i can load them. Anyway, it's great to be a part of the group and all replies are appreciated. Thanks for all of the helpful advice so far.

Hi fiveisalimit. Good to hear from you. It looks like you may have caught it in time. Normally she should have picked back up within an hour or two.
    Listen to your wife's advice. If she is a normal veg gardener she will have no trouble with weed. Make sure they dry out between watering, but, as you now know, don't let them dry too much.
    So.... did it pick back up or not?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. (Schmokin, i like that) Unfortunately both plants have "bit the dust". My wife thinks it was the potting mixture. I have not checked with with my friend to see if he had the same results. Looks like its back to purchasing this fall. Oh well...... I will continue to visit the site and learn from all the info you guys post, and see if I can't get some better cuttings next year. thanks again.

Comment

Hi 5isalimit. Shame about your plants there. Weed doesn't like a soil that is too 'hot' or rich with ferts. Looks like some nute burn going on there. Less is more brother.
        Try again next summer and don't hesitate to ask for advice on here.

Comment

Working...
        X