been growing a few,, but still not all that knowlegable about it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been growing a few,, but still not all that knowlegable about it

i been growing soil,, n would like to grow hydroponic way but got one question. how do u chane the water, n not mess the plant up,, expectly when it get tall ??

Hello. In hydroponic systems the plants are held with their roots in the nutrient solution. When you change the water you do not normally need to move the plants at all. Check out some of the hydro set ups on you tube and you will get a good idea of how it all works.,

Comment

• lovbnstoned
      lovbnstoned commented
      Editing a comment
      could find anything with the solution. i me, U got to remove the plant to empty out the old n put the new in the syste.but when it gets tall , it a problem moving

OK. Some systems, such as a DWC (youtube that) have the plant in a basket suspended in a bucket and you do need to move it. It's not really a problem unless you have a really tall plant. Other systems, such as NFT or Ebb and Flow, have the nutrient solution in a separate reservoir which you can change without moving the plant.
    Have a good read about the different hydro systems here.
    https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/hydrop...owing-systems/

Comment

I have a couple of different hydroponic systems up and running. There are a great variety of methods to use that are all considered hydroponic. I just finished moving 20 'dutch bucket' hydroponics containers into my front room, they are running on two different pumps, about 10 plants for each 'reservoir' of water/nutrient. I also moved about 15 containers that are nursery containers with a baked clay medium on a third system. All of these plant containers are individual and can be moved around. Though the 5 gallon Dutch bucket system is a bit more involved when hooked up with multiple plants all draining back into the reservoir.
      IMG00930.jpg

This is a close up of the 5 gallon buckets, the water just flows through them as often as you need, during the heat of the summer outside, I had them on all day, indoors, they are on less than 15 minutes out of an hour. The black thing on the left is the lid, the bucket on the right with the pebbles is like the one in the center, I covered the drain setup with an old coffee can.

IMG00616.jpg

I also use rockwool cubes, you can google that or look for GroDan as a trademark? The Dutch buckets are fairly popular and you can find instructions on various ways to hook them up. Some people just fill the 5 gallon container with water/nutrient solution and put an air hose bubbler inside. If your water/nutrient solution is 'stagnant' like that, then you need to add oxygen like a fish tank. Otherwise, the plants will not survive long. If the water/nutrient solution is moving and allows for the roots to dry out at intervals or be exposed to air, then you do not need to add the bubbler. In my systems, just the return splashing into the reservoir is enough to add oxygen to the water. This shows the buckets set up outside while I was transplanting: IMG00648.jpg

The reservoir for that system is underneath the white grate in the front under the first three buckets... That system is the one I moved indoors in that top picture

Comment

Working...
      X