Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indoor soil LED newbie moved struggling plant outdoorand flourished, now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor soil LED newbie moved struggling plant outdoorand flourished, now what?

As the topic title states... I think my indoor problem was not enough light so I doubled wattage and even added all red supplimental led screw ins, prior plants seemed to stop growing 3rd week or so in veg, I moved one outdoor for two months and bam!. My outdoor female got to big for her 3 gallon pot, maybe 36" tall, she is in late first week/early second week flowering. I want to know if it's still okay to transplant to bigger pot even though she started flowering and if it's a good idea to move her back indoor under 12/12 since I exponentially increased led wattage or if she should stay hiding outside??? Thanks for any input...

Hi there. Welcome to the forum.
    First off, what strain are you growing? How long is the flowering period?
    If you have a good climate where you are I would let her finish outdoors and start again indoors with some new plants when you are ready. Moving her indoors will almost definitely stress her and that's a bad idea right now.
    As for the repotting, it's not advised but of she is really too big for what she is in then just repot her really gently, avoiding disturbing the root ball as much as possible. Water her well afterwards. I have done it before and still got a good yield.

Comment

• DnkTnk
      DnkTnk commented
      Editing a comment
      Would it help reduce stress if I start to bring her inside and expose her to LED lights during the day for a few hours but still keep her outside for 5-6 direct sun hours a day. I noticed the plants that I have in veg inside my tent have reacted nicely to the increased wattage from additional LED's I recently added.

Thanks for the input. It's a sour diesel strain from a bagseed (didn't want to spend money on seeds until I figured out what I was doing). We are in mid Atlantic region so outdoor climate is ideal for acouple more months. The issue with keeping it outdoors is moving it around daily to hidden direct sun spots and bringing it inside to shelter from summer storms. I have a little bit of privacy but neighbors aren't too far away, no one would see it unless they walked onto my property a bit (about 4 acres, partially wooded). Id avoid repotting her if I could but I'm worried that the stretch of a diesel strain will be too much for the 3 gallon pot as she's about 36" now in first bloom week. My plan for repotting was to place current plastic pot in larger fabric pot with some soil, exacto/cut away plastic pot and add remaining soil to fabric pot. The reason other than safety/security to bring her inside would be to know if my LED set up was capable. I originally had one Apollo horticulture 300w in a 3'x3' tent, seedlings did good in there until about 3rd/4th week of veg then stop growing and show weird deficiencies. I made sure ph/nuts weren't the issue so assumed I didn't have enough light in the tent. I got another 300w panel and two red screw in led bulbs thinking that'd be enough light. I'm a little worried about the quality of apollo horticulture led's now...

Comment

Oh, and one possible reason for the indoor struggles was that I started those seedlings using tap water that was alkaline. I was initially unaware of that issue but subsequently corrected ph and began nute solutions with distilled water.

Comment

Comment

As a rule, natural sun will be far better than artificial, so if you can leave her outdoors, definitely the way to go. I would not be so complicated on your transplant if you do decide to repot. Let the plant dry out for a few days, normally mine dry out in just one day outdoors, I do all my repotting in the AM, I water AM and PM, so skip the PM and transplant before the AM generally works out. Just want to be careful not to bruise or tear the roots too much. But in all honesty, you should probably be fine in that pot, maybe increase your nutrients a tad near the end, as the problem you run into is, there is no nutrient left in the soil of a small container. When I grow in REALLY small containers, 1 gallon pots, I tend to fertilize weekly to compensate for that, after about 60 days. My organic mix is a bit hot to begin with and younger plants get a little nutrient burn, but they soon get over it. Then they start to take off, around that time is when I start to add some bloom nutrients to a weekly feeding schedule. Not very much, I am pretty light on nutrients and make every attempt to gro without or with as low a level of nutrient as possible. My goal is to be growing in Aquaponics and in order to do that, you need a nutrient that is almost as clean as drinking water. Where a hydroponic system might normally have anywhere from 700 to 1400 PPM nutrient solution, an Aquaponics system operates closer to 100 PPM and the fish tank return, the waste from your plants, can be as low as .5 PPM. Pretty incredible to see a garden being fertilized by a fish tank with only a handful of goldfish

Comment

• True_lioness
            True_lioness commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello, new here and new grower. I think when I moved my outdoor 4 month old to a new pot she.frealed out. I have grown a beauty with am feeding of black strap molasses and a PM feeding. The problem is I think I stresed her out repotting her it may be root damage but I had to remove 9 of her 10 big leaves. If it is root damage what are my options. Fall will be here in no time and although my yield will be small I'd still love her to survive. Thanks

Great to know, thankz for the advice. Most certainly was leaning towards not repotting if practical. I was excited about adding a few extra gallons of ocean forest in a fabric pot but I invested in a Go Box so I'll heed your tips about the nutes. Id rather not over complicate anything at this point and she has been flexing hard out in the sun. I was curious if it's too late to take a clone or two off her??? She has been showing pistils for over a week. I stunted the other veggied ones I had in that tent before adding more light, even though they've reacted positively they are weeks and weeks old already and still tiny.

Comment

Moving right along...

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X