Power Needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Needs

Hi I really want to start growing and I have done a huge amount of research on how to start up indoors. I really want to grow indoors because I heard that it yields more weed per plant and the environment is easy to control. The problem is that I have no real access to power. I am willing to put quite a lot of money into producing a viable source of power for my lights. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Also do you think that I can power two 132W grow lights with a 12V Deep Cycle Battery that is constantly being charged by a 1200W with a 1200 Watt Pure sine Power inverter?

Comment

Hi FFFUR. Not sure about your electrics there. I know some people off grid who just use a generator. I just wanted to say that your original premise, about bigger yields indoors, is false. Unless you have a pretty crappy environment outdoor grows will yield much more. There are no artificial lights with as much power as the sun.
      You are right about the controlled environment, and there is an issue about seasonality too. But as a rule, outdoor yields more than indoor.
      Sorry I couldn't answer your specific question. Maybe one of our other members...?

Comment

I use a solar panel and a 12v deep cycle for electricity in a cabin. It runs a string of LED christmas lights, a coffee pot, and a radio.

A full setup to grow weed would be very expensive. Would be cheaper to use the sun directly.

Comment

Working...
        X