newbie here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie here

hay ever one new to this I know nothing about this, but I need to grow my own now I hope there are people out there that can help me, I live here in the south. I want to grow in a small grow house out side. I am tired of having my grand kids to get it for me... SO HI TO ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

Hi Terry. Welcome to the forum.
    Do you grow any other plants? Growing weed is not so hard. You can make it real complicated if you want, but the basics are pretty simple. Light/warmth/air/water/food. Have a good read of the forum and the site itself and then feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

Comment

no haven't grown anything yet but trying to learn as much as I can thanks for the reply ,,, I am just a little leery of how to deal with if you know what I mean

Comment

I would say, if you have not grown anything before, to try a few other types of plants first. Pick up a tomato or bell pepper plant from the local store and then try to grow it out in the manner you envision growing out a pot plant. Meaning, indoors, in the ground, in a closet or a window... One side of your house will work better than another, closed rooms act differently with a plant and a light in them. The smaller that space, the more variations you have etc.

I say this because you WILL mess up, plants will die or get sick, bug infestations, just a simple power outage can leave an automatic system in the dust. There are soooo many variables it is hard to give clear advice. Do you need to hide this from the law, the neighbors, friends and family visiting or, as in my case, keep it away from your pets!

There are a few stages to familiarize yourself with, Germination, Seedlings, Vegetative, Flowering and ripening. If you intend to grow from seed, pick up a $1.00 package of Tomato or Pepper seeds and start with them to get a feel for all of this. About the only difference I have found between veggies and MMJ is the timing of the lights, veggies have a continuous flower cycle once they start. Many will start to flower under 24 hour light though they do not grow well that way, they need a few hours rest each night. MMJ on the other hand, with he exception of an auto flowering seed, will stay in veg state until they flower, then they are done. More like a pretty fall blooming flower, they flower, then they are done.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X