My catch of the day........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My catch of the day........

A Sturgeon just under 6 feet and close to 100 lbs and took me 20 minutes to reel in. Size 11 foot of mine compared to the size of its head. lol Love catching these beautys!!!

Down here if they are over 5 feet we are not allowed to take them out of the water.

Comment

Ya up here they prefer to keep them in the water but heck they are tough and have been around for millions of years. Wasnt even out of the water 5 mins then i put him back in the water and revived him before letting it go, splashed me on his way out too the bugger. lol

Comment

Ooft! He's a cracker. Do you never eat them?

Comment

They are good eating but only the 3 to 4 foot ones are the best. But you're not allowed to keep them anymore cause they think they are endangered cause a few big ones showed up dead on shore about 15 years ago.

Comment

Hey Katzie-Wolf, so a couple years ago you saw some big ones? I hear they are a good eating as well. How long have they been a protected species? Good luck with your fishing and and all your gardening! Talk to you later, mega nute

Comment

Katzie - they are protected down here because the tree huggers wont let fish and game manage the seal problem we have, they are decimating the salmon as well.

Comment

Ya seals are a nuisance up here in the river

Comment

Working...
                X