No announcement yet.

Newbies need to post more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, just got my PH and EC meters. had to calibrate PH meter. heres what they said. PH=4.2- EC=823- Temp.=24.0- C any suggestions? watched a video and they said to put PH meter in water for 30-45 min. did that and calibrated it and these are the readings I got. going to test later to c if readings have changed. temp is 75 degrees.
    Last edited by Dedi; 02-12-2015, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Did you get the calibration solution for the pH pen? When i bought mine i had to buy the #4 and #7 buffer solution. If thats the correct pH then it needs to come up between 6.2 and 6.5.

Comment

yep got calibration solution, got Milwaukee ph 7.01 buffer and 1413 us/cm standard conductivity solution for ec didn't say I needed #4 buffer. so how do I up my ph to 6.2 - 6.5 without changing whole 5 gal res? looked at a p55 pen said #4 was used with it but didn't say it about ph 600. I guess phing the 5gal in the tank wouldn't work right. ok checked ph again when I first put in res. water was at 6.2 the longer I left it in it went lower went to 4.4 , you c this is my problem once I check ph how do I keep it at the right ph once its in the res. anybody can answer this for me
        Last edited by Dedi; 02-13-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Get some pH up/down local hydro store should have it. I'm not a hydro grower remember so i only know so much of it.

Comment

• Dedi
            Dedi commented
            Editing a comment
            got all that don't know if I should ph while water is in tank or what I should do

I am a newbie, at least here I am, I am looking to absorb and as I learn maybe even to share with others. I am however notoriously busy, as I work in publishing, I need to know where to get seeds, Dirt vs Hydro , in short I am a clean slate waiting on chalk. I am hungry for knowledge teach me. Thank You Very Much !

Comment

Your first grow start with soil till you get some grows under your belt, dont grow many plants 1 or 2 to start. You mentioned you live in a apartment so you will have to worry about the smell. Seeds you can buy from numerous websites that are legit and trustworthy. And you have to do some research yourself and not expect us to lead you by the hand the whole way also lol In an apartment i would go for a grow box if possible as you can fix up a homeade charcoal filter. You also have to figure out what type of lighting you want to use also.

Comment

Most successful growers research constantly. Look for a good grow book and also read thru the many sections here. When you can devote 100% to your garden, were here for any of your specific questions. Best of Luck.

Comment

Sometimes i have to practically peel myself away from the pc cause i have been doing too much research im always on the hunt for knowledge on growing good old cannabis.

Comment

read what u said coconutisland, ok today my plant is entering its 17th week of growth. hairs are beginning to turn amber. don't think buds will b getting much bigger, but who knows. going to let them turn almost to full amber then I think its time to cut down. or should I wait and c if buds grow more? I know if I wait to long it wont b worth smoking

Comment

The more amber coloured trichromes the more of a couch lock stone you will get, so its all up to you if you want to be couch trapped or have a high where you can be productive. Cloudy trich's is the get up and go type stone.

Comment

Hi. guys Dedi, got a ??. what does 0.5 ml. equal in tsp./Tsp ?? going to try bloombastic when plant is ready. have a 5 week pineapple chunk growing. is it 1/8 1/4 or what. thanks to anyone who can help

Comment

5 ml is one teaspoon

Comment

My thing is I am a noob and started a grow thread and posted a few areas but get very little response it seems so I am not sure why I continue to update other than for my own posterity.

I wish noobs and vets would post on more threads to engage the new comers and then it might get some momentum flowing.

Comment

Hello HTGM, here is an update on crazy's no budget grow. I finished it with out killing it. I harvested about 3 weeks ago. I had to let it go 14 weeks due to being bed ridden....should taken it at 12. I hung the garden upside down for 3 days... trimmed... used the paper bag method for 3-4 days... been curing in the jars since then... been burping jars every other day.... seems to be working ok... I'll get a volunteer/ fool (roflma) to see how it smokes.. I'll let you know if they survived...
                            crazy

Comment

Hey all, been sort of busy around here getting ready for spring gardens, think I have used every available inch of sun in this window and it is time to move outside!
                              This is the new outdoor dog proof and prying eyes proof, grow area. Still a bit too cold to move the good plants outside... these are some peppers that are hardening off. There is a 40 gallon reservoir buried at the back of this low boy table:

IMG00485.jpg

Because some of my plants were getting too tall, I broke down and picked up a 400 watt LED for $100 at the local pawn shop. I have 4 flowering right now, one is ready and I already started trimming. Another has a week or two left, then the taller two will go outside to finish after the first of the month when the nights start staying over 50f.... They are only on the second and third week of flowering so there is plenty of time to finish them outdoors.

IMG00469.jpg

Been getting a lot of plants out the door and moving my 'grow' operation outside one bit at a time... New planting table outside of the dog proof grow area, no more self medicating dogs!:
                              IMG00484.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X