Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planted 2 weeks ago ... Did I plant too late?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted 2 weeks ago ... Did I plant too late?

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips.
    My situation did not allow for me to plant in late spring. Does anyone have any experience planting this late in the season? The seeds I planted are just good bag seeds. I don't really know what kind they are. So far they seem fine even though it's just been a little over 2 weeks since they were germinated. I do realize that I won't have the time for them to veg as much as I had hoped. Is it possible for me to delay the flowering a few weeks or a month or so? (like shining a light on the plants at night) I was thinking since I do live so far south that frost isn't a concern until late November maybe it was still possible for me to prolong to veg process in to the fall. Is that possible?
    Planting so late in the year has me concerned about the heat and humidity as well. Should I sacrifice some direct sunlight for shade? I'll take any advice I can get about planting so late in the year. Next year I plan on knowing what type of seeds I'm using and planting earlier.

Hey CB. Not sure how far south for a November frost but I'm in SW FL and am starting a second hooray. It's all about stick candles or direct sunlight hours when it comes to finishing with something worth your wild. Your little girls will decide when it's too late and the overall size of your plant may be smaller. I believe with proper care and condition, if you have direct sun you should be fine this go round.

Comment

Hi creekbank. It's an intriguing idea. I reckon that a night light might well postpone flowering, even if just for a few weeks while they beef up a bit.
      Whatever you do you will get some returns on your seeds, even if it's less than a full grow. Stick with it, but next year, get them in much earlier.

Comment

Working...
      X