Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Herer autoflower - what% of amber trichomes to harvest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Herer autoflower - what% of amber trichomes to harvest?

Hey there, new grower here. I am growing my JH autos in a greenhouse, and was researching when to harvest them. I found some interesting information about percent of amber tri's compared to regular strains of around 20% for harvest readiness. Some information states to wait until the autos are about 50-70% amber tri's. The source of this info is attached. This is the quote:

"You should harvest your plant only after about half of the trichomes have turned amber if you want to get that 15% THC mark that breeders specify on the packaging. Because this strain has some ruderalis genetics then the CBD as well as CBN ratios will be a bit higher and that is great for medical users and if you wan to get a more “body” high then you can let the plant mature a bit more till about 70% of the trichomes have turned amber."

I also asked the seed company chat help and got the same reply, so am wondering if this is because of the ruderalis genetics of the auto. This % of amber tri's seems high compared to the more commom 20% or so that I have read about, so just wanted to get some feedback from some other growers. Thanks.
    Jack Herer is one of the most popular regular photoperiod strains out there and since in the last couple of years autoflowers have become very popular amongst new growers, seed breeders have crossbred the original Jack Herer with ruderalis genetics creating auto Jack Herer. This plant is a middle of the range grower with averageRead More

I say that's waiting too long and it will have started degradeing. You want some 70+% of your tricome cloudy. Like watered down milk or creamy color. I think waiting for all that "Amber" is way too long. Beware The Evil Sativa Mold.
    One of my runs is "Jack White" this season. Your Jack and White Widow cross.

Comment

The % amber is all down to personal preference. There is no right or wrong. If you like a lazier body stone then wait for more amber. If you prefer something a bit less couchy, take them sooner. The process of turning from milky to amber is your thc degrading to cbd and cbn. If this weed is strictly for pain relief than more amber may be better. If it is purely recreational then select according to preference.

Comment

Working...
      X