Saving pollen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving pollen?

Got same male plants in my tent got a few plants outside doing fantastic! how do I store some of the pollen for later use?I'm going to cross breed a few branches from this northern lights male plants to a couple of my outdoor plants get de seeds and see what happens this winter!any ideas out there on this?thanks bat

Try placing a paper bag over the male flowers and gently shaking the pollen off into the bag.
    For storing you want the pollen to be as dry as possible. Remove any plant matter by passing the pollen through a fine mesh screen.
    Try mixing the pollen with some dry wheat flower to help dry it more.
    This can be stored in a small test tube or jar in the fridge for later use. You can keep it for several years.
    When applying try using a soft paint or make up brush.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

• Bats
      Bats commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks alot will do.hows it going with your new seeds?

Nice info sat I've never saved it ever.cannot wait to try it out.i got lemon haze and a special Kush I'm leaning to pollen for a hobby.plus who knows want next grow will bring.

Comment

I've never saved it myself either. I had read about this before and also had a pal who kept his pollen. Personally I prefer to use feminized seeds. I would like to get into some breeding but will wait until we've moved from this house and I can get a dedicated grow room with lots of space. I'm a bit cramped in my grow area here.

Comment

We all could use more space and time.never enough on both ends.take care

Comment

Working...
        X