Flowering time and cultivation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowering time and cultivation

First time grower I have white widow seeds. Flowering time 8-9 weeks, cultivation end October.
    My query is this. At present the plants will have 9hrs sunshine per day (south of France) outdoors. How will the cultivation period be affected if I plant them (after germination) on 3rd/4th July?

Hi Artemis. Welcome aboard. I lived in the SoF for many years and grew a few outdoor plants when I was there. Around about the Cogolin area.
    As of today you actually have over 15 hours of daylight (http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/france/nice), not sure where you get the 9hrs figure from.....
    Although it is a little late to be planting outdoors, you should still get a crop from your plants. They will veg for a couple of weeks before going into flower at around the end of July. You will get a reduced yield compared to what would have happened if you had planted them in April, but you should get something back from them.
    It might interest you to have a read about starting plants off at 12/12. They will respond to this and automatically give themselves some veg growth before commencing flowering.
    Good luck with it. Hope it goes well for you.

Comment

Thanks for the info Saturnalia. The sun goes behind a hill top in the evenings so only get sunlight from 8am till 5pm. Seeds germinated in 24hrs (roots several cms long ). Planted in biodegradable pots and after 2 days I have shoots 4-5 cms tall. I was expecting a smaller yield and even reduction in quality but knowing I'll get something is reassuring. First time lessons learned. Next year I'll know better.......

Cheers fella...

Comment

No worries mate. Even when the sun is behind the hill and they are out of direct sunshine they will be able to photosynthesise in the ambient light. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
        X