Topping later?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping later?

Got six plants outside.put out late may.all organics grow they are over three feet tall.i got six foot fence.need some advice would it be OK to top again at this stage of growth and growing?this is tough for me?any insight would be appreciated! I'm in new England. I have two lemon haze.two northern lights.one jack here and one Kush. Thanks bat

I got those girls a head start with the auto blue haze I started out with the two Galaxy 300 led I got thanks groot

Comment

AS long as you're in veg stage you can top as you wish, you just dont want to do it during flowering of course.

Comment

• Bats
        Bats commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks it was hard over three feetan I wish I could of let it rip but circumstances would not allow it.thamks for the info.happy growing this summer.

Hi Bats. The more you top your plants, the bushier they become and the more growing tips you get. There's not really an upper limit to it. Your Jack Herer in particular is a tall plant and will require topping to keep it below the fence line.
      Once your plants start to flower they are going to shoot up a bit. Make sure they are well below the fence line before they start their flowering period.

Comment

• Bats
        Bats commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the response I still hated to top but I did all is going well.the lemon haze are the tallest.the jack is second the others very close indeed.i did discover one of the northern lights had balls so I rip that one out to the compost bin.down to five.happy growing to all!

At six feet for a limit, I would stick to the predominantly Indica. She will grow as tall as she is going to prior to flower where your Sativa predominate (Jack Herer is all sativa) will double or more in size while in flower. Jack Herer can go from 8 to 12 even 20 feet.

Comment

• Bats
        Bats commented
        Editing a comment
        I could not imagine a plant that tall and harvest wow.ill try the lower grow plants next year's grow.i will try to clone a couple of what a have for the tent.thanks for the response happy grow to you!

What is the buzz like from the jack?when I got the lemon haze it has the range of up too 24 THC rate.ill ease in to that when the time comes.

Comment

Hi Bats. The Jack has an intense high. Quite rushy in the head and behind the face, but also a deep body buzz. It's a good all rounder, but is deffo a potent one. That's why it's so famous and popular. Will be quite similar to the Lemon Haze although maybe a bit more physical.
        There's a good page on Jack Herer on the HTG site.
        https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/weed-s...k-herer-seeds/

Comment

• Bats
          Bats commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that update.they are over 5ft tall.i cannot wait to try!I did top a few weeks ago.very sucky smell.my lemon haze is a bit taller.i should send a pic.im new to this phone tec.

Pics are always good. Stoners love to see pictures of good weed!
        When is the first frost in New England?
        Last edited by Schmokin; 08-22-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Bats
          Bats commented
          Editing a comment
          Can is right the first frost is first of October it can vary on location in the state of Maine.thamks for input

• Bats
          Bats commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll try for the first pictures to load on this.i did try before . Not a big phone guy but I'll get there.

Nortbeast here, personally would NOT top now, plants shoud be flowering soon. Your gonna lose production by topping now.

Comment

1st frost could be as early as oct 1, generally here not till 2nd week of oct., sometimes later. Hope your haze has time to finish.

Comment

• Bats
            Bats commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too! I'm hoping mother nature is kind for me! The jack is filling out I got to get some clones off her soon.i will not top again.tjey all are over the fence mark.ill do see lst.i hate to for outside.om hoping my pole beans catch up to the plants for more cover.

hey bats put some cheap yellow dollar store flowers on them with extra small childrens hair clips, been doing that for well over 20 yrs outdoors it disguises them rather well. don't over do it and don't use multiple color flowers. the clips will open up as the branch grows, enjoy. good luck bro.
          Last edited by canbethewicked; 08-13-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Lol duh fantastic idea! What are you feeding your ladies?they are huge and green
            Thanks for the idea.guess I'll go yellow!also what strains are you growing? great job on the plants
            Latter

Comment

Thanks Bats....that was last year, had to tie them down 11ft.+ white widow. I didn't feed them anything but tap water...dug large holes and mix my super soil with the natural dirt in the garden. 3.8lbs off the 3 plants. Unfortunately I couldn't grow back there this year due to the neighbor attempting to sell his house( didn't want to chance some uncool person catching a glimpse of them) so indoor only for me till I know who gets the house.
              Last edited by canbethewicked; 08-14-2016, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Bats
                Bats commented
                Editing a comment
                Not legal in your state? Up here if you get a card you can have 12 plants.only 6in flowering and whatever stages for the others.thats the nice part but the neighbors is the hard part.its all about trust!

• Bats
                Bats commented
                Editing a comment
                As always great fences make great neighbors!

• canbethewicked
                canbethewicked commented
                Editing a comment
                No not legal here.

What's that buzz like from the white widow never had before? Did you take any clones from those alsome plants?

Comment

Actually i did clone some for friends but had other strains in mind for my 1st indoor grow, i really havent cloned for my own use yet as i am growing multiple strains searching for my favorites strains to clone...or i may just continue to sample grow strains and never get sick of a certain strain..lol...the white widow was tasty and has an uplifting buzz a good daytime or anytime weed.

Comment

Working...
                X