No announcement yet.

First time grower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good bruv. They will grow much bigger in the ground than in the pots. Get the fence up as quick as you can. Pissing near them will also help to deter animals. It's not necessary to LST outdoors but it can help. Do it like you did when they were in the buckets, just maybe wait for them to get a bit bigger first. This will make the buds on the side branches mush bigger. Groot has good advice about getting feed down to the root zone. Although if the ground is fertile you won't really need to feed them. You will need to keep pulling those weeds around them until they get big enough to out compete them. Left alone for a couple of weeks those weeds will overtake your plants.
    All the best mate. I hope they turn out top be girls.

Comment

• canbethewicked
      canbethewicked commented
      Editing a comment
      pissing also increases nitrogen

I took you advice and cleared the weeds from the grow area and put down a layer of gravel to help keep them from coming back. I will keep an eye on the area to make sure they are not coming back. I am going to wait a week or two before I start doing LST so they can get a bit bigger. They already have a bit of a curve to the stem from the short amount of training they had in the bucket. I will post pics again in a week to show progress.

P.S. I also took the advice about adding a small amount of Epsom Salt to the water during the watering this morning.
    Last edited by Scythemeister; 05-19-2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Nice work fella. Keep us posted. Not really sure how things are in the Lakes but guess you should see a start to flowering around late July. Can anybody more local confirm that?
      Whenever, you still have plenty of time for some solid veg growth. Worry about the LST when/if it becomes a necessity. It's easy to do and doesn't take any time at all.

Comment

Been a week since I put them in the ground and they have nearly doubled in size. The one on the left is a lot bigger but they are both growing well. The temp outside is warming up and we are getting good rainfall so I haven't really had to do much with them. I did a a little LST on them already but I will let the double in size again before I traine them any more. No sine of pre flowers yet so still not sure about the sex still hopeing for the best.

Comment

Ok my plants are growing like crazy. Not sure if these are pre-flower or not can anyone help me out.

Comment

Too small to tell properly. Keep an eye on them. You want to see wee white hairs sticking out.

Comment

Having trouble sexing my plants any help would be appreciated. They are growing great and the stems are turning like a purple/red color and the scent is a lot stronger than it has ever been.

Comment

Nothing to see here yet..... This post was a week ago, how's it going now?

Comment

It's been a bit since I posted so here is an update. The ladies are doing great and starting to bud up nicley. I should be able to harvest in a few weeks.

Comment

• canbethewicked
                    canbethewicked commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hey bro, pic two looks to be male. seriously you wont be harvesting till October unless your growing some wicked fast strain. looking nice though keep up the nice work...incidently i am a couple hours east of your area.

I would like to add some information.Pruning is some of the time a need to keep the cannabis plants at a sensible size. At the point when the primary stem is cut, the lower branches increment in size, and the plant grows a few other solid branches. At the point when these are pruned, the plant gets to be bushier and puts less accentuation on becoming taller. Plants with the primary stem cut will create more prominent yield than un-cut plants. This is my advice.

Comment

I'm with canbethewicked. Picture 2 is a boy. Still got a way to go. Hope you don't get early frosts.....

Comment

Well one of them was a boy so I ripped him out then the other one Hermes out on me so I will have to try again next spring.

Comment

Working...
                      X