First time grower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time grower

I am first time grower and need some advice. I am growin 2 plants outside in 5 gallon buckets. I have been reading about the SCROG and LST methods to increase yeild and was wondering which is the best choice for a novice. I smoke to help with my TBI and Anxiety issues so the more I can get from my plants the better. Any advice would be greatly appriceated.

Really not necessary to scrog outdoors, i do tie down my outdoor plants a bit for stealth purposes because they get over 10 ft and become visible from the road. Scrog is used indoors to help light penetrate. The sun has the power to penetrate much better than any lights made by far....hope this helps you.

Comment

Thank you. Dose tying down outside plants increase the yield from the plant or simply help with stealth. Both things would help as I am in a state where it is not legal yet.

Comment

Here is what I have going on so far let me know what y'all think.

Comment

• Kronk
          Kronk commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, I am very new to this as well, may I ask what the bottlea are for? Watering underneath?

Tying down will help to get sun to underlying branches

Comment

Looking ok bro, plants will not get huge in 5 gal buckets and your probably going to have to do some extra feeding, but should provide u with some good bud....are these feminized seeds?? If not your looking at a 50% chance of being male, or bad luck hits and both male or good luck is possible too.

Comment

They were seeds from from the last batch I bough so I am hoping for the best. I can transfer them to the ground if that would be better. I started them in the buckets because it has been a oddly cold spring here so far.

Comment

Here too , sounds like we r from the same area.....go for the ground if its feasible

Comment

I am from the Great Lakes area. It's been rainy and we had record lows a couple days ago. I was bringing them in at night when it got cold but the temp is suppose to be leveling out so I transferred them to the ground a little bit ago. I have been reading about how to sex them but they seem a little small to do that right now.

Comment

They would have to be abt 30 days old and inside under artificial light to sex them

Comment

They are about 30 days old but only ever been under the sun. They are about 5 1/2" now I guess I will just let them grow and hope for the best. Here are pics of there new happy home in the ground. I dug the holes about 2' deep and added good soil and fertilizer to the bottom of the hole. Now I just have to keep the dogs away from them, I will put a little fence around them tomorrow.

Comment

Nice...good luck on your grow, keep updating so we see the progress

Comment

• Regi254
                        Regi254 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry guys. .need to take forums 101
                        Last edited by Regi254; 09-03-2016, 05:42 AM.

Will do thanks for the help

Comment

I try to dig deeper, and I use 2" PVC to make a sand column....put the soil around the PVC
                        THEN PULL OUT the PVC....
                        this makes a good draining medium

PS... I leave the prepared hole alone for a couple days...I've had curious critters that dug up plants to check the soil...
                        They don't bother the MJ , Sometimes I'd save the plant...Sometimes , not so lucky
                        The problem might have been the "Bone Meal"
                        I've tried a different mix...Testing it now.
                        I'll be testing a way to get Nutes to the Plant without pouring it AT the plant.
                        Instead , I'll Put a 3/4" PVC tube on an 45 degree angle...
                        The PVC goes to the root area... But pouring it in the angled PVC makes the smell 18 inches AWAY from the Plant
                        I'll need this with my Fish Fertilizers.

Last edited by Groot; 05-18-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Put a spoon full of Epson Salt in a half gallon of water !
                          Water them , and watch them get GREENER...
                          Which helps the leaves do their job better.
                          or get a second opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X