Growing Auto's Outdoors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Auto's Outdoors

Growing outdoors for the second year in a row and totally looking forward to it.

Someone gave me a Northern Lights Auto seed, Having never had any auto experience I need help. For instance do I want to start it later than my other plants?
    Any help will be much appreciated!

Hi g101. If you are growing an auto outdoors, try and time it so it's getting the longest days through the best part of the grow. Maybe put her out late May.

Comment

• topazblue
      topazblue commented
      Editing a comment
      I planted some Autos last day in April, they came out of quart pots and were app. 18' , seem to be showing signs of flowering, will they go back into vegetation, or should I transfer them into green house for a light dep. cycle.

Saturnalia thanks for replying. That's what I was thinking but you never know. Do you have a preference between auto and regular? Pros Cons for outdoor autos.

Comment

Another question should I train the plants like I would or just let them rip.

Comment

If you are growing out of doors in full sun I would just let them do their thing. Training works best for presenting the plant to your artificial lights. The sun is strong and moves through the sky, covering all parts of the plant. Nature's already got this covered ;-)
        Personally I prefer photoperiod plants now. Autos were great for getting started, but in my opinion you don't save that much time.

Comment

• topazblue
          topazblue commented
          Editing a comment
          some clones, I planted last day of april, app. 18' are showing flowering signs, will this stop and return to vegetation

OK I won't get to crazy with it. Just another seed to see what happens.

Comment

• Groot
          Groot commented
          Editing a comment
          Go ahead... get crazy....we like to watch

So.... How is it all going then?

Comment

Growing outside can REALLY benefit using LST... Yes the Sun is more powerful ,
          It doesn't do any good to the SHADED areas...
          LST helps this...
          Plus... If you lay it over and open things up...
          More of the Shoots turn into Colas...
          Colas are Bigger.
          This year....My LST will lean towards some Super cropping...
          Last year LST kept moving back too easy...
          Either I'll tie Rocks on branches,,, OR break them for better shaping without strings.

Comment

Topazblue - hard to say. If these are photoperiod plants they will probably revert. How far north are you?

Comment

Working...
            X