Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Growing

Hey all,

First time on this forum and started to look into growing my own plants in my backyard.
    Obviously this is WAY more complicated than I imagined...

I live in the middle east so sunlight, heat and moisture in all around, I'm guessin I'll have to buy some lamps to have more sunlight but planning to do most of my growing outdoors in my yard.

A couple of questions-
    1. Am I looking for a certain kind of soil to buy to use or is a regular home depot soil for everyday gardening will do the job?
    2. Does anyone have any experience with the best strains for my area and climate?
    3. If anyone has any recommendation on how to start, good guides or anything that will help me with beginning growing my own weed I will be very thankful!!

Thank you!

Um Middle East as in that crazy place across the world or Middle East in the US or Canada? lmfao

Comment

Hi Weedalto. Welcome.
      First off, it's not necessarily as complicated as you might think. Some people like to make it real complicated, but remember, you're growing a weed. Warmth, light, air, water and food is all you need.
      To answer your questions.
      1. Everyone has their own soil mix. The off the shelf stuff from Home Depot will do fine, although it might pay to invest in a slightly better quality make. Not sure what you have there in the states. Make sure you add something to improve drainage. Around 30% perlite or vermiculite works well. You can also add worm castings, leaf mould and other slow release foods. Many of our growers use proprietary brands made especially for weed. Fox Farms springs to mind. Check out their website. Of course, it depends on budget,
      2. You'll need to give us a bit more info on your climate and whether these plants are going to be indoors or outdoors. What's your set up? Remember it's just about winter in the northern hemisphere so outdoor plants are not going to flower. If you start your plants at this time of year you will need some artificial lighting to keep the daylight hours up to around 16 per day. If growing without lights you don't want to plant our until spring.
      3. You're here! This site has all the information you will need and more on how to grow your own weed. Have a good read of all the pages and then if you have more specific question just post them up here and we'll see what we can do.
      Good luck with your grow.

Comment

Working...
      X