Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My outdoor plants are late bloomers, but sun is going fast. Now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My outdoor plants are late bloomers, but sun is going fast. Now what?

This is the first time I have tried growing, and I have a problem. Due to laws in my area, I didn't start my plants (seeds) until July 1st. The late start means a late finish. I have lots of buds (not very mature) and my sunshine is about ready to shut down for the winter. My crop is outdoors in large tubs so I can move them, but I don't want to have to invest in lights to finish them indoors. if there is any way to let this crop mature naturally. Any advice would be appreciated.

move them to the sunniest spot you can get away with and cover them at night if it is going to get below say 55 f... the fewer hours of sun will take some yield away, but not much you can do at this point. Moving indoors for only a week or 3 does not warrant investing in lights... If you had the lights and a place for them indoors, sure, but not going to get THAT much better yield for the effort... Just try to keep them from getting too cold, you might even just bring them in at night to let them sleep in the warm indoors, then back in the sun in the morning... that would do as much as adding lights.
    Remember, they are on a schedule of say 6 am to 6 pm, you would also have to mimic that time. It would probably take a few days at least, just to transition them to indoors, like hardening off a seedling going outdoors in the spring, only in reverse...

Comment

Make sure your plants arent getting too wet. If your where i think you are, its been pretty wet around here. I am new too, so been researching alot. Wet can lead to mold on the buds. Making them no good i guess. I have been super careful lol

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I have already been doing what coconutisland has suggested, as it seemed the logical thing. Im hoping for the best. I have been bringing the plants in at night, and dont take them out if its raining. I got lots of sun today. Feeling more hopeful. There are trichomes just starting to show up on the buds. So far I havent let the plants get wet.

Comment

Working...
        X