Time from seed to smoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time from seed to smoke

Hello. I'm in NW Wyoming and have several plants in my garden. The biggest ones come up to between my knee and my hip. They are quite happy.

They are Maui Wowee. I germinated them in early April, and they moved outside in May, and then into the ground.

I don't know how long I can expect the plant to take to mature, since it is outdoors. I keep watching for signs of sex identification so I can cull the males, but I don't know if I'm looking too soon or if I'm weeks away from that.

Currently the plants are leafing out beautifully, but mainly one trunk. They are, like I said, higher than my knee by like 6". I am anxious to sex them as I don't want seeds or males, and I am anxious to harvest, because it is illegal and the sooner they're pulled the better.

I don't see any changes in them besides getting taller and leafier, so I know they are just in vegetative growth. I know Mother Nature can't be rushed, but can she be estimated?
    I'd like to know what to expect, if I should be able to sex them by now, when I should expect to be able to harvest the first ones. I appreciate your help.

Hi there. Your plants probably won't be showing their sex for another month or so. From then it will probably be about 8-10 weeks until harvest time.
    When is your first frost likely to be in NW Wyoming?
    These If you are anxious plants are likely to get a lot bigger. If you are anxious about them being seen you should think about topping them or bending them over and staking them with some LST.

Comment

Working...
    X