Does it hurt plants to go from LED to Sunlight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it hurt plants to go from LED to Sunlight

I know about Harding plants that are going outside in the sun but my question does the back and forth everyday and night effect the plants?

Doesn't bother mine, just as long as I don't break a branch off moving them out to the sunlight thru my grow room doorway.

Comment

Blaze you are the person that would know and I would trust most. I think mine have another week or two weeks before I can leave them out overnight and then about a week or so till they go in the ground. It's getting exciting. I have picked my grow site and I will start preparing Mother Earth for there arrival.

Comment

As long as you make sure you aren't messing up a light cycle by all the moving around. We attempt to mimic the sun with the artificial light...which can't be done exactly, but nothing is better for them than the sun. Take the time to really prep your hole(s) you plan to put them into....it makes a big difference. The better the conditions are for the plant, the better root system you will have....and the better bud you will harvest!!! LOL Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going! TWW

Comment

TWW under current 18/6 they get about 7hrs under LED. Do you have a recommended way of prepping the holes? My soil is 6.5 ph. It's a sandy soil with lots of good drainage. I don't think it is very rich in topsoil. I Just need to know how deep and wide and what to mix into it.
          Last edited by g101; 04-26-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks g101. Would totally love to plant directly in ground with a plant or two and try for a gorilla plant, but with my location what works best for me is to have my plants outdoors for as many hours as possible and to do this I must first spray the grow area with a good general pest spray all around the buildings, roof edges and back of shelf area I built for them about every week or so to help control any bugs or wolf spiders that drop from trees behind grow area, eliminating all chances of a pest infestation for the plants while their outdoors.

Bringing them back into grow room without bugs is my main worry. My light on cycle is timed to come on in the middle of the night to heat grow room, then when sun is hitting the shelf they go out. I then move them down to a platform for the remainder of the light on period as the sun passes over, rotating them every 2 hours while their outdoor helps lower growth occur.

Having them outdoors at night for me is not an option. What I what to accomplish is the best lighting possible while light on period occurs. So moving them outdoors after they have been under LED's most of the night, to me gives them their best full lighting available.

This is why I leave them in containers and not plant them in the ground. I did one year use the 10 gallon fabric containers and did like the results, but they got to big to move in and out and I did snap off a branch on one plant one day moving them outdoors, about broke my heart.

All in all, 5 gallon containers works best for me because I know exactly how big they will get. and how much trimming needs to be done for best results. Heavy defoliation was tried with a crop of Tangerine Dreams, 8 plants and did limit their upward growth, but caused limited budsite formation from removing too many leafs.

Now what I do is remove the shaders as necessary as the plants go on into bloom. Having done all the leaf removal as I seen necessary during veg. When going into bloom, I will continue to remove only the leafs that shade the budsites.

Heavy defoliation for me effects the plants ability to form budsites because removing too many leafs restricts the plants ability to form them. This is my style of growing in my location that gives me the best results I could possibly get with the direct sunlight really making a big difference and LED's indoors to give them the rest of the full spectrum light they need to grow big fat colas.

Comment

Blaze you have me a little concerned about bugs! I'm growing these plants on a 60 acre farm that is on the top of a hill with reasonable wind 40% of the time. I guess I can do what I can do on the ground but the air I have no shot of controlling. I have a better shot at doing what I can to keep the plants healthy individually. I have 11 plants that I hope to grow 4 of. Haha I just had a funny thought what will I do if they are all female! Knowing me I would have to grow them all.
              At the same time I'm dealing with 10 Beefsteak tomatoes, 10 bell pepper plants, 10 cherry tomato, 8 watermelon, 8 Brussels Sprouts, 25 green onion, and more to come as soon as I can get some of these out of starter trays. Don't get me wrong I'm loving every second of it. I will keep two or three of everything and give the rest away to friends and family. Whats a better gift. Oh BTW I won't be giving the weed away for obvious reasons.

Comment

g101 - re-read blazes post - preventive maintenance - slo

Comment

Working...
                X