Southern plants - outside.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern plants - outside.

I live in Louisiana. On average, how many inches per month would "old school"...60's, plants grow...from seed. Outside. Best guess will do. I may have a height problem with neighbors.

That's really a strain specific question. Some really shoot up and others stay short and stout. What do you mean by 'old school'? Mostly this refers to some of the sativas that were really popular then, in which case they could well be sativas that do really stretch, some up to ten feet or more! It's impossible to say.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be a problem though. If the plants are somewhere you can keep an eye on them, you can easily train them to keep the height down. Read about topping and LST on this site. In basic terms, you can bend the tips over and tie them down to force the plant to grow more 'along' rather than up.
    There's a page full of training techniques. Check out the first picture as a perfect example of what you could do.
    https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/training-techniques/

Comment

How tall will they be in 8 weeks? My problem is I can't let them exceed 2 feet, how long should that take?
      Last edited by bossegg; 04-24-2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

What Schmokin is telling you Bossegg is that it totally depends on what type of weed you are growing. There is a huge difference between different strains of weed as to how big they will grow.

Comment

I get it, I want a good guess (from a grower), how tall they will be in 2 months from seed. I believe they will all grow at the same rate (close) for some time. The adults will certainly differ greatly. Give me some good experienced guesses 2 mo, 3mo from seed?

Comment

If you top your plant it will bush out more then grow in height if you are that worried about height just do that i would think.

Comment

Working...
            X