High Desert Grow Question!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Desert Grow Question!

Hi Everyone, I recently moved to Bend in Central Oregon which is high desert climate. I'm looking for some advice for starting a small outdoor grow. I have started a few plants indoors that just got their first true leaves. I put them outside during the day when it is warm enough and bring them in when the temp starts to drop. I'm originally from the east coast so growing in this climate is totally new to me. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Terrapin. You shouldn't really have any problems growing at that altitude. Remember that cannabis originated in the high plains and mountains of central Asia and is well adapted to these environments. Bearing that in mind, you should maybe consider growing some hardy indica strains as these will be most suited to your growing environment.
    Other than that, make sure they have access to water and are shielded from any massive drops in temp. One of our members - Blazd4Daz - grows in a mountain environment and should be able to give you some pointers. He grows some nice sativas too so will probably disagree with my original statement.

Comment

In the high desert it will be June before you'll be able to put them in their perm. holes, it gets a little chilly at night.
      You'll do fine.

Comment

Hey terepin- used to live in the Klamath basin. Bend is a good place but I might suggest a green house that you can open during the day. You will be needing frost protection later in the season. You don't need anything elaborate, just a little shielding - my 2 cents - slo
        PS - summers get hot

Comment

Working...
        X