Sour OG Kush Clone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sour OG Kush Clone

I'm very happy that the clone given to me about 3 weeks ago is doing very well and about half way into becoming an out door plant during the day. What is the coldest it would be safe to let her be outside at night? I am so happy that this clone came to me and I could help make it grow. This is my first experience with a plant from a clone. Also first top grade strain. I'm so excited to get her into the ground in about a month. Another question is if this plant is really big in the pot should I even put it in the ground. Questions what needs answers!

Originally posted by Claythrow
    That plant is average size. Depending on what size that container is, you might be what is preventing it from getting larger.

Over & over again I read that the plants need to be between 75-85 degrees at all times. I'm not sure how this applies to outdoor grows because there are few places in the world where it never dips below 75, even at night. & in most places, during the growing season, it often gets above 85. If you tell us where you are from people could help you answer this one...

What size container is it in? Unless you are trying to keep the plant small for stealth reasons, the larger the pot, the larger the plant. The larger the plant, the greater the yield (generally) I would still keep it in a container (5-10 gallon) with your soil medium, & just put the bucket in the ground. Ideally, you don't want to plant MJ in regular dirt. If you are using a "soil" medium, you would usually make it yourself with a recipe, of which you can find numerous on this site, but the recipe does not use dirt from the ground.

If you have it growing in regular yard soil right now, & if your outside temps are ok, you can transplant it directly to the ground. Just make sure to loosen the soil in LOTS of the area surrounding the plant roots.

That's a hearty clone you got there. Plant looks nice. I'm excited that YOU are excited, it's fun isn't it?
    I'm north of Pittsburgh The grow shop I go to said plants could go in the ground in about 7 to 10 days in this area. But I was wondering how low it could go to and still leave them out all night in their pots. It's mostly a space issue for me. I have my whole garden starting inside and I'm running out of room. lol

Comment

I agree with Claythrow. People sometimes seem obsessed with this narrow temperature band and it is not reflective of any natural growing environment anywhere. I have had plants down to 10C and they have shown no ill affects. I'm not recommending you do this, just saying the temp range is much wider than some people will have you think.

Comment

Saturnalia that is sort of what I figured. If 75-85 were hard numbers outside I couldn't grow in PA at all. I do understand like with tomatoes the plants growth will be lessened but it won't hurt the plant. I'm really to the point where at least during the day I need to get these plants out of my house. I did a little test with some extra small plants I have, I left them out overnight at about 40 F with no real sign of damage. I'm guessing the 10 degree range is best for indoor growing. I would have to wait until July to have 75 at night. g101

Comment

I think if it were me I would place it in the hole outside when the temps are no colder than the upper 40s at night and that should put you in the 70s in the daytime.
          The warmer the ground gets the better the growth rate.

Comment

Yeah I think I still have 3 weeks before I can put them in the ground. Tonight and tomorrow night 31 so 45+ is going to be a little while off. As long as they can be outside during the day I don't mind bringing them in at night. Even at that it's only going to 45 tomorrow so they will be in for the day. The plants are doing really well just growing a little slow because of no heat but with some good heat days they will catch up a bit.

Comment

Not the best picture but here is the 5 or 6 week Sour OG Kush clone I was given. Considering the slightly rocky start it got from it's first potting I think she is doing just great. There are 5 five nice heads on this side but not a lot on the other side. Some LST to be done there. Other wise I'm a happy camper. How about the bag seed indica going on to the right of the clone. That's a wide ass leaf isn't it? g101

Comment

Wow! g101 that s a fat leaf. You got a nice grow there for the summer. Nice job.

Comment

Blaze- Thanks again for the kind and encouraging words! I at least know I have something that wants to grow. It's a weed after all. I will work hard to take care them each and every one of them. The combo should be interesting. They just love the sun of course and they are out in it and good to go.

Comment

Crazy I just smoked some weed from a sister clone to this one that was hydroponically grown and harvested already. I love this strain. Very mellow but a very intense mellow. Great for preparing my vegetable garden I could have been in there all day if it wasn't for the heat. I would highly recomend it for stress.

Comment

Working...
                    X