Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time grower, thin stems, two plants.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time grower, thin stems, two plants.

Last edited by supatvictoria; 09-10-2019, 01:59 AM.

supatvictoria Welcome! I'm a new grower too and had the same problem. If you look under the forums you will find a topic called Growing Marijuana Outdoors. Then the topic "Looking a little spindly to me" and you will find the info you need. You can also see the pics on how the info helped me. Best of luck with your plants. g101

Comment

Hi Supatvictoria. Was looking at your post and wanted to call a couple of things to your attention. Next time, when starting your seeds in cups, use cups that are not transparent. It isn't good for light to penetrate the root area of the plant, so always try to keep the roots in the dark. Solo cups are fine...that's what I use, just the ones that provide complete darkness for the root system. Now, dealing with new seedlings can be a little tricky sometimes, but not really that big a deal. It does look to me like yours have been stretching for the light. I would suggest taking some more soil and adding it to the cup to bring the soil depth up a bit on the stems of your plants to give them some more support and allow them to strengthen up. Good luck with your plants. I too live in the East....not the coast, but pretty close to it. If the windowsill is your only light other than the sun itself, then your lighting periods shouldn't be an issue. Just get them stronger and bigger and ready to plant outside. Happy Growing!! TWW

Comment

Hi Supatvictoria. Putting some more soil in those pots is a great idea. You could also cover the outside with something to make them opaque. I would say as soon as they look strong enough you should pot them up a bit.
        Do they have any airflow around them? It's the action of the breeze rocking plants back and forth that allows them to build up strong stems. If there is no breeze you should think about getting a fan nearby. Don't turn it directly onto them, just enough t move the air about so they move a little. Give us an update on how you get on. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
        X