Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good location for swamp cooler in green house?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good location for swamp cooler in green house?

ok so my question is where should cool air be directed in a green house? i was kind of thinking above all plants and with fans facing down just circulating that cool air? along with an exhaust fan shooting out one of the side vents? any thoughts or tips?
    i was thinking of cutting a square to fit the swamp cooler up high from the outside and six small fans hanging 3 on each side. also i just set up my irrigation so i won't have to be watering manually everyday!! what a drag!!!

That looks like about the best place to install that swamp cooler, with them fans in front. Might be a big job, getting it mounted way up high like that.

Probably have to build a platform for it, out of 2x4's as the frame work on your greenhouse doesn't look like it will support the weight of the cooler filled with water. Is the swamp cooler the kind that needs a water supply to it? or do you manually have to keep filling it when the water gets low? Ice cubes inside will help keep it running cooler too.

Even if you mounted it at, or near ground level on a shorter platform with a vent or two on it, pointed upward could possible work also. You can also point your fans to direct the cool air upwards, if you mount it at ground level. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
    X