Growing in tropical country, rainy season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing in tropical country, rainy season

This is my first time growing marijuana plant. I live in a tropical country, where light schedule is around 12/12 all-year round, humidity is around 88%, temperature between, 21 - 33 celcius.

I am currently germinating 2 Feminized Skunk XL seeds in a plastic cup directly in soil indoors. I plan to transplant them into a bigger pot after the first few leaves.

I have a rooftop at my house where I think is perfect for growing the plant in a pot. It is currently rainy season until June in my country. My rooftop is semi-covered with clear material so light can pass through and the plant will be protected from direct rain fall. But if it rains pretty hard the rain can come in sideways and the plant might get wet a bit. I heard mold is very bad for the plant, but i am not sure how humid it needs to be to form mold.

1. Do you guys think I should create some kind of a clear curtain to protect the plant from sideways rain or a little bit of rain is fine?

2. Any tips for vegetative stage? Should I put them indoors where I can give it more light? Because I heard the plant needs more than 12 hrs of light during vegetative state

3. Any tips during the flowering stage? I am more concerned about the mold forming due to high humidity

Thank you!

I dont see a tropical country only having 12/12 of sun and darkness all year round.

Comment

Namaste!

You should try to keep their humidity as close to 45~55% at all costs, not so important when their in veg, but super important when they get into their second and third weeks in bloom (flowering). If you allow their humidity to reach higher in bloom, then the threat of the dreaded bud rot will start developing in their main colas.

Cannabis plants love water and can take some sideways rain during their veg period, easily. They also need at least 18 hours of light in their veg period. However or whatever you have to do to get them their 18 hours of light, you'll have to do, or they will start stretching for more light and you'll decrease your yields, drastically.

You'll have to keep them dry from rain after the first couple weeks in bloom, 12/12, (lights on 12 hours and off 12 hours) no matter what you have to do. The more intense light they get the better plants and yield, you'll grow. Best of Luck to ya.

Comment

I was under the impression that in tropical countries you could plant and crop year round.... not too sure how it will work.
        As for the humidity, it can be a problem, especially with a heavy budding strain like Skunk XL. You might have more luck with a strain that is more suited to your locality. Big sativas are more typical of tropical strains. They grow tall to compete with other plants. They have long branches and open structures to allow for good air circulation against mould. And they have long flowering periods to make the most of year round growing conditions.
        Give the Skunk XL a go and see how it turns out. Maybe in the future you could try a strain that is indigenous to your country and see if it works better for you.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^ This is kinda what I'm thinking also. Good luck to ya.

Comment

Working...
          X