New to growing, need lots of help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to growing, need lots of help.

Alright guys, I'm new here and new to growing. Whenever i get some weed from this guy, it always has some seeds in it. Is this good or bad, as in the quality of the weed? I remove the seeds and smoke the weed and i get a nice ass high from it. I'm thinking about growing some in my backyard using the seeds.
    I do not know what type of seed they are so yeah, sorry about that.

1. I'm using a flower pot to grow, or should I dig a hole?
    2. I have soil, not sure what type it is. What soil should i use, specific names/type?
    3. How much should i water it, and at what times?
    4. Since the seeds come with the weed when i buy it, do I need to do anything with the seeds before i plant them?
    5. How long will it take to grow?
    6. Should i do the same steps with the new seeds from my plant in which i'm gonna do with the seeds I'm gonna plant first?
    7. When should i plant? I'm aiming to plant around March 10th ish or earlier. Also, i live in Houston, Tx so idk if the location affects it.
    8. Finally, how should i trim it and take the weed out (I'm too new at this) and when do I know its ready to trim and remove the weed?

Thanks guys! if I need to know any more info, please share.
    i added pics of some of the pots with some random plants in them.2013-02-28 18.25.44.jpg2013-02-28 18.25.51.jpg2013-02-28 18.27.54.jpg2013-02-28 18.28.08.jpg

Hi there Falcon. Welcome to the forum. That's a lot of questions there so I will give them a quick go. As your plants grow you will find you have more specific questions which you can ask here. Firstly though, take a good read of the site. There is lots of information already there, including a whole section on growing weed outdoors.
    So....
    1. Your plant will grow bigger if placed in the soil. But you will have more control if you need to move it if it is in a pot. It depends on how secure and safe your yard is. If you are very confident about growing there I would plant it in the soil.
    2. Buy some standard gardening soil/compost from your local garden suppliers.
    3. How often you water will change as the plant gets bigger and also depending on your weather and soil structure. Basically you should avoid it totally drying out. Once the plant is established it will show you when it is thirsty by drooping its leaves. When this happens give it a good drink and you will see it perk up again within the hour. With time you will begin to get a feel for how thirsty your plant is and be able to water before it droops. Be careful though, over watering is one of the biggest problems we hear about.
    4. You should germinate your seeds first. Check out this link here.
    5. Outdoors your plant should be ready to harvest in the fall time. The exact timing will depend on what type of weed it is.
    6. Your plant will only make seeds if you have male and female plants close to each other. This is actually not ideal though as you really want the female plants without seed. Any male plants should be removed as soon as they show their gender. Check out this link about sexing.
    7. March sounds good. Is Texas free from all frosts by then? It might help to get the plant going on a window sill until it is strong and healthy and all chance of frost is past.
    8. Come and ask this question in the middle of summer and we can see how your plants are doing and have a better idea of what you are going to get from them.

I hope this helps a bit. Have a good read of the site and look around on the internet for more info. Youtube is also a good source of information about how to do this.

Comment

Working...
    X