Leggy plants on LED lights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leggy plants on LED lights?

I started my plants under CFL bulbs and they were short and dense. When I moved them to a Viparspectra "600" LED light they grow very long stems. Internode spacing is 3 to 3-1/2 inches even though the lamp height is what they recommend (18-24 inches). I moved the lamp down and the leaves seemed to wilt, so I went back up. The reviews suggest people are happy with these lights, but maybe we're all newbies. Why are these plants so tall? After topping, the new tops are now 3-1/2" above the cut.

Hard to say what's happening here. Legginess normally because the light is too far away. I see this post is a week old. How are they now?

Comment

They continue to grow long stems. Internode spacing 3 to 3-1/2". LED height 18" to 24". I was given seeds of unknown strain, which appear to be indica. Might it be that they are just genetically tall plants?

Comment

I had that with bubble gum it was a pain in the arse, then I said to my mate that gave me the seeds he just laughed and said that's why he gave me the seeds he's a git. ha ha.. prob are just tall plants try a net and tuck them under and through it worked a bit for me..

Comment

Yep, time for a little bondage and discipline....bend her over and tie it down.

Comment

• cococeltic
            cococeltic commented
            Editing a comment
            someone has been to see the new 50 shades movie lol
        Working...
        X