f***in Timers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f***in Timers

Just a wee word to all the newbies like myself, fork out and buy a good timer had so many problems because of buying cheep ones. keep breaking and lights staying on ect.

Absolutely. I have ruined more than one crop through faulty timers. The cheap ones from e-bay will just end up causing you hassle.

Comment

lesson learned for me, just a wee daft thing like that I never thought of. To be honest the proper ones are around £10 here and the cheep ones are £7 for two. so not a lot in it, but I had no idea about the rating for the lights, but as said I do now.

Comment

I've had great luck with this simple mechanical timer. Got it at my local Wally.
        Rated at up to 1250W if using a HID style lamp or 15A for reg use.
        Buy Work Choice Indoor Heavy-Duty Grounded Timer, 2 Outlets at Walmart.com
        Last edited by gbauto; 01-07-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Mechanical is definitely the way to go. Far more reliable than digital.

Comment

My mate ( he shall be known as Mr smart arse) he bought a couple of heating system timers and wired everything into them , but I just bought mine from my local grow shop. the wallies over here are shit for things like that.

Comment

Working...
            X